Blackflies/Mosquitos report near Parry Sound or surrounding area??

Newguy38

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_fly

I am assuming the object in the picture on the right is a human?

If it is a human, and I think it is, remind me not to go there. The Wikipedia article sort of answered my question when I read that there are 1800 different genus of Black Flies.

Who are these people that know that and dedicate their entire scientific careers to find that out including he fact 4 of the species are now extinct?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a camping/fishing trip in this general area and I can say the blackflies are out in full force . Swollen/itchy hands are in full effect today !!!

Skeeters were even out buzzing around which was surprising . Its going to be a bad couple months coming up for biting bugs me thinks.

As I sit here in a screened in porch somewhere in Seguin, I see a massive cloud of blackbastards hovering over the warming Q 20 ft away. I will need to suit up while tending the steak, retreat to the screened in porch, spray bomb & unsuit before opening the door to the cottage. Worst fly season I've seen in seven years here.

But totally worth it :) Despite winds, rain, bugs & babysitting newbies, best opener ever !! Everybody landed pike & walleye. Mostly walleye :)