Good deal on folding musky net

mike rousseau

Dicks is a US company, plus exchange and shipping and duty and brokers fee = $350.00 CDN including embellishment. Ask Wormdunker how much he saved on his PFD I think it was. Could have bought it here much cheaper. A similar net was $89.00 CDN a few years ago at Bill's Bait in Hamilton, Featherstone Ted bought one. Small store need to rid themselves of stock because they just don't have the space. Too big for my Perch and Smallies so I passed.

Shop Canadian and shop at your local Mom and Pop Tackle stores. Bill's always matches CTC or any of the big guys like Bass Pro. They can't offer those prices on mas but for 1 or 2 customers they will take the hit because of store loyalty.

I live on the border so I shipped to NY state and got mine back to Ontario for $59.99 free shipping and $7 bridge toll

I agree to shop local when you can but to pass up $290 USD in savings on a single item so the guy down the road can profit $100 Canadian does not make any sense... one way the local shop has an extra $100 CAN in his pocket and the other way I have an extra $280 USD in my pocket

Then I took that saved cash and bought a new reel at the local tackle shop

Everybody wins there

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Similar is not a Frabil...and $59.99 comes no where near $350.

Don't hesitate to take advantage on deals like this because of "local loyality". If I can save that much on one item I was going to buy anyway, it just means I have more disposable income for the secondary items that I would not normally buy. And I don't see how getting a local tackle shop to deep discount an item and taking a hit is helping him.

• 3 weeks later...

40x44 is the hoop size not the net depth. I have the power stow one size smaller than this and if I can remember right the bag depth was 50 odd inches. Bang for your buck you cant go wrong but as others have mentioned multiple trebles and some thrashing you will get some tangles.