Ice Claims Another Vehical (No injuries/deaths)

FloatnFly

Obviously doesn't know that when approaching the shore one should slow way down in order to not throw a pressure wave in front of the vehicle.

There's a reason for the low speed limits on the ice roads up here.

Granted the truck may have still gone through but he would have had a better chance putting along.

interesting about going slow...I would have figured rip along as fast as you can...less time on ice doesn't even give it a chance to break. Didn't think about the effects of the water below

ice flexes a little bit with objects on top, the heavier the object, the more it flexes. motion creates a pressure wave, not so noticeable in deep water, but in shallow water, look out!

as the saying goes, you float over tsunami in deep water and barely notice a ripple. the tsunami at shore could be 30ft

Look at he condition of that ice/water. You can't fix stupid. Another thing I have found over the years especially on the Great Lakes there sometimes is a gap between the ice and the water level because of fluctuating water levels. We have quite the tidal effect on Erie that I never knew existed until we moved here. Nothing to see wet rocks with algae on them sticking out 2 feet or more than the day before.

The drowning of the Grand Father and near death of his grand son this weekend in Waterford was totally unnecessary. We had ice 200 yards off the shore yesterday AM, now not a single cube this AM. Some of those icebergs were 3 feet thick or more.