Ghosts of winter.

BillM

Thanks, but I'm having major issues with this new 7d mk ii I picked up.. I think it's going back to Canon for calibration. It hunts like crazy when in AI Servo mode (Which is what I use all the time for birds in flight) which leads to tonnes of front and back focusing. To be honest, my 70d was better out of the box, lol.

Edited by BillM

Thanks, but I'm having major issues with this new 7d mk ii I picked up.. I think it's going back to Canon for calibration. It hunts like crazy when in AI Servo mode (Which is what I use all the time for birds in flight) which leads to tonnes of front and back focusing. To be honest, my 70d was better out of the box, lol.

Have you fine tuned your lens in camera?

I've got FoCal 2.0, so I'll see if it requires from microadjustment, but the changes I made in the field the other day didn't help at all (Tried anywhere from -20 to +20)

What sucks is that I know it's not the lens, it was razor sharp on my 70d.

Brian, I saw one the other day on the roof of Canplas Industries besides St.Louis bar and grill (Veterans and Caplan). I'm not to sure if he's going to call that place home or was just migrating, but it seems like a decent area. Looked like a female (Lots of grey)

Edited by BillM