Backroad maps gps

pike slayer

Depending on your GPS, you may be able to find Garmin Topo maps on clearance at Canadian Tire. The compatible models listed on the Canadian Tire web-site says, "Compatible with the following Garmin GPS models: E-Trex Legend, Map 76, Map 60C, GPS V, I Que, Rhino 120." The Misissauga Mavis/Dundas location apparently has one in stock for $10.

As suggested, the Ibycus maps are free. I'm not a bushwhacker so I find them perfectly useful for when I am on a lake.

My buddy has the Backroad Maps for his Garmin and he seems happy with them. They do have more info than the Ibycus maps.

Jon

Depending on your GPS, you may be able to find Garmin Topo maps on clearance at Canadian Tire. The compatible models listed on the Canadian Tire web-site says, "Compatible with the following Garmin GPS models: E-Trex Legend, Map 76, Map 60C, GPS V, I Que, Rhino 120." The Misissauga Mavis/Dundas location apparently has one in stock for $10.

Thx very much for that info, Jon. I just snapped that one up. Unbelievable price cut!! :clapping:

I have and use the Ontario Backroad ,Mapbook chip, absolutely awesome detail for NWO, some of the bush trails on there are barely visible in real life, shows swamps and everything, I don't use or need anything else for land use, has no depth contours but all the lakes are accurately outlined down to puddle size ones, but you do have to zoom in quite a way to get the really small ones to show up.

It really depends on how you are going to use your GPS. I don't use it for species, but do use it a lot on both back lake adventures and navigating on GBay trips. I also use it to find ATV trails that make good back country MTB riding. I have been using them for about 4 years and find them very useful. The accuracy is good, and the fact that there are so many searchable features makes it worth it IMHO. Trails - ATV, hiking, skiing - are actually tracks, which can be very useful.

Thx very much for that info, Jon. I just snapped that one up. Unbelievable price cut!! :clapping:

No worries. I hope it was in stock. When I have ordered some clearance items in the past, they haven't always been able to find them. A few other stores have the Topo maps but at a higher price. Not sure why this store was selling it so cheaply. Enjoy the maps.

Jon