Smallies in New York *PICS*

Well, I have a big tournament on Great Sacandaga Lake in New York in mid-July, and seeing as their bass season officially opened on Saturday, we had to make a trip down. The lakes is situated in the Adironack Mountain range about a 7 hour drive from Toronto.

We launched at about 5:20 and headed out to fish blindly, must have been alright because I had a fish in 5 minutes. Ended up landing 23 keepers (12 inches +) today and might have had about 11 pounds for our biggest 5 fish. We watched two local weigh-ins from other club tournaments, and to our surprise on 10.10 pounds won the first and 11.2 won the second. Apparently 12 or 13 pounds is BIG weight for this lake as it is better known for numbers than size. Big fish for the weekend that we saw was 2-14, I had a 2-11.

Sunday was slow as a big front had come through but in 5 hours, we managed 11 keepers for about 9 pounds.

Then reality hit and we had to come home. Would have posted sooner, but I have not been feeling well.

Kellisteve003.jpg

Kellisteve004.jpg

Kellisteve007.jpg

Kellisteve009-1.jpg

Kellisteve011-1.jpg

Kellisteve015-1.jpg

Kellisteve020.jpg

Kellisteve021.jpg

Kellisteve022.jpg

Kellisteve023.jpg

Kellisteve024.jpg

Kellisteve027.jpg

Good Fishin'

Awesome report!!!!!!!!! well done steve,man they are some real nice looking smallies,it also looks like a very structured lake,they also have a nice dark color on them. :w00t: ..well i hope you marked those spots on your GPS,for your tournament in july,thanks for sharing man....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: