small Sturgeon lake musky report

jediangler

Returned to Sturgeon lake and fished the same area I fished 2 weeks ago on the opener. Started at 6am and fished till 8am. Caught this 29"er at 7:30am on a Mepps musky killer bucktail in about 7ft of water. Put up a good fight and soaked me when I got it beside the yak.

127059.jpg

Then I threw the yak back on the roof of my car and headed over to Pigeon lake. I was hoping to go two for two in Kawartha musky lakes. I fished behind Big island from 9:30am till noon without so much as a follow. Packed up and went home to KW, putting 560km on the car round trip. That's 3 muskies this year so far but all of them under 30". Has anyone caught muskies in more than one Kawartha lake in one day? I guess getting one in Pigeon and one in Buckhorn in the same day is probably not that unusual. Or maybe Buckhorn and Chemong. Just wondering.

I see this week in the Crappy tire flyer that my kayak is on sale again for $299 down from $349. You can't find a cheaper fishing machine anywhere. Add $100 for a paddle and another $100 for a good PFD and a car top carrier kit and you're ready to fish almost anywhere.

Atta boy bro, it's killin me to be missin out with workin every second weekend and now with this cast on my thumb......grrrr. I gotta get out before I goes insane...oh sorry already insane...lol. Good job and you'll get two from two different lakes soon enuff. Just gotta use the force...lol. B)

Thats awesome Jedi, the 'yak dealers should be sponsoring you. On a related note, have you tried using the sit on top kayaks at all? You (and reports from others) have me browsing/googling around the kayak fishing sites and the options are blinding me so any advice you might have would really be appreciated.

Edited by TbayBoy

Good job, Jedi.

Those SOT type kayaks are butt-soakers for warm waters.

The Sit-In type allows you to stay dry with a fitted spray-skirt, great for early/late season when water is cold.

You have to buy a kayak by the Weight/size of the paddler & specific use..fish or tour or whitewater,etc.

Rent first or you may be sorry with your purchase.

I'm 6'5 & 290..I bought an Old Town "Twin Otter" & removed the rear seat to carry my tacklebox behind me & camera drybox up under the bow.

AquaBound MantaRay is the perfect paddle for pushing a load without flex or blade flutter.

Once Yak..never look back!! :thumbsup_anim: