huge rockbass

ch312

Guest lundboy

It's unbelievable! I was pulling in a bunch of 1.5lb to 2lb rockbass like this 2 weeks ago off the Gilford shore. Must have had 15+ of them. Bent my UL rod almost in half!

I remember catching a nice one last year with DSN. The carp weren't biting and I didn't have a light spinning rod, so I took a spool of 8lb line I had with me and tied on a fly that DSN had in his pocket (muddler minnow). Jigged the fly a little off the side of the dock and a monster rock bass took it. He measured 10.5 inches in length and it was my biggest rock bass ever.

Rockbass.jpg

20010616_0003.jpg

The live release record is 11.75 inches in length and 11 inches in girth. The provincial record is 3lbs according to the Canadian Sport-fishing web-site under Fish Registry

Man those are alot of nice rockbass. I'm sure those put up quite a fight, must have been fun.

i think that rockbass put up a huge fight for their small size. now imagine if they grew to 15-20lbs. not THAT would be one hell of a fight :thumbsup_anim:

I've caught WGSF up to and over 2lbs on Long Point Bay. It's like the greatest WGSF fishery in the world, which in turn makes it the greatest fishery in the world, since we all know Rock Bass are kings of the waterways.

was just browsing the fishing lake simcoe site and buddy posted a pic of this thing. i thought it was a nice smallie until i made the pic bigger and saw what it was :w00t: whats the ontario record?

http://www.lakesimcoemessageboard.com/inde...;id_dbase=65461

I thought it was a smally too! Then I noticed the dinosaurs behind him and thought I better click the picture to make it bigger :lol:

It's amazing how big they fel coming in too. They turn sideways to fight. Smart fish :worthy:

Dan