Great diners, drive inns and dives near you? NF eating

One km east of the 507 in Gooderham is Jakes roadside smoke house and Bbq. Run out of an airstream trailer. Best jerk chicken and smoked beef brisket sandwiches ever. I hit this place on my way home from elephant lake two weeks ago. Hands down winner on diners and drivethroughs. I went back up that way last week and ordered by phone 15 minutes out of Gooderham and it was ready when I got there. This place is a gotta try. Google it and see his menu. Two thumbs up.

I was gonna make a trip near the area, and in Google maps, this place came up....soooo, being a bbq lover, I said I had to try it. Anyhow, plans changed, I didn't end up that way, but after seeing this testimonial, I think a road trip is in order.

My lips are already puckering......

There is all ways Hutch's at the Beach in Hamilton. For me, an amazing place little closer to home is Wedgewood RPM marina on Hwy 35 North of Minden Ontario. It is located at the southern end of 12 mile Lake where it meets Mountain Lake. It is a little summer BBQ hut run by Gary. He smokes all his own BBQ. He also make his own rub, sauces and pickles. Don't take my word for it stop in if you are ever in the area.

Not sure if many or anybody would have reason to head down to little Mogadishu (Weston & Lawrence) but let me give you one. P&M Restaurant is a local "dive" however it is anything but! Fantastic food & service reign supreme here. A Greek restaurant by trade but caters to all meaning of food, you will not leave hungry this is for sure. It did strike me as a "Cheers" kinda place, everyone knew one-another but man the food was top shelf. This is going to come across as heresy to some but English style Fish & Chips at a Greek restaurant that puts most "English" places to shame, best fish & chips I've had in many a moon. My bud had a burger that would put all these fad burger joints out of business right quick.

If you are anywhere in the area, do yourself a favor

Just finished eating the best damn steak and kidney pie i have had in many years...My wife and sis-in-law were shopping for a dress in Port Perry and they stopped into Herringtons Butcher Shop On Queen Street...My bro-in-law said their tomatoe and basil sausage were also great...

I like the Cody Inn in Buckhorn (Lew suggests their lemon chicken)

The Chemong Lodge in Bridgenorth (bit pricey but good food for an occasion)

Mark's Finer Diner in Peterborough (Lansdown St East) when I can talk Maribeth outa Red Lobster)

I hear Mark's finer is gone? used to have the $10 all you can eat breakfast/brunch mmmmmm i had 2 helpings of eggs benny on top of the basics lol

In emo its circle d. Pretty much an ongoing joke around here to say "I need the d"???

Not fancy by any means but for $12 you can get a unreal beef dip with a poutine done proper thats could feed 3.

And the reuben is to die for. Their sauerkraut is phenominal

Edited by manitoubass2

I'm in Montreal this weekend for heavy MTL (metal festival)

Checked out a place called Fabergé this morning and OH MY GOD it was heavenly, I got chicken and waffles, the woman got PB&J stuffed French toast also amazing! Happy I made the trek out as it was a decent hike for us to get there

Went to Schwartz's deli on my way out of Montreal this morning, my buddy was supposed to pick some up for his dad but when we went there yesterday the lineup was over an hour just to buy some pre packed Montreal smoked meat lol, $20/lb I ended up picking up a pack for myself hopefully it's worth it! Although I walked in and paid in about a minute today haha

Went to Schwartz's deli on my way out of Montreal this morning, my buddy was supposed to pick some up for his dad but when we went there yesterday the lineup was over an hour just to buy some pre packed Montreal smoked meat lol, $20/lb I ended up picking up a pack for myself hopefully it's worth it! Although I walked in and paid in about a minute today haha

Mtl has some of the best food around. Smoke Meat Pete's, in L'ile Perrot was a favourite. So many good places. SO many good joints that are listed on blogs and so many more that are off the beaten path. You can easily gain 2lbs by spending a weekend there and eating like a king/queen lol.

Mtl has some of the best food around. Smoke Meat Pete's, in L'ile Perrot was a favourite. So many good places. SO many good joints that are listed on blogs and so many more that are off the beaten path. You can easily gain 2lbs by spending a weekend there and eating like a king/queen lol.

I honestly don't think it's a stretch to say I probably did lol. Between the cheap beer, festival food and eating out Friday-Monday, although I probably walked a solid 20km Saturday and Sunday.

Definitely a place I want to spend a week or two in, in the future