Lower Buckhorn Walleye/Muskie

ozaibak1

Since I was a little boy of about 4 I've always been fascinated with fishing and always wanted to go fishing, but rarely got the chance. I managed to go fishing on a boat maybe about 5 times between the age of 10 and 20, and was always hungry for more. I also didnt catch many fish because no one really knew how to fish right.

Then a few years ago I learned one of my best friend fishes, and went on a trip with them. It was a dream fulfilled, I've been fishing a few years now. Ive recently outgrown my dependence on live worms to catch fish, and am pretty good at bass fishing.

My next dream is to hook into a walleye or muskie, this weekend, too bad bass season hasnt started. Thats my intro, I'm at the begininning of my fishing career and learning fast, it won't be long before trophy muskie walleye and bass will be posted on this board.

Lower Buckhorn has alot of islands you can fish around with good success for musky/walleye.Get a map of the lake at Sunrise to help you for depth and fish locations.The lake has some hazards(under surface shoals)

to be aware of. Just be cautious when venturing outside of the channel markers. The dam right next to Sunrise resort is a good spot to try for Walleye at dawn and dusk. A simple jig head tipped with a minnow is a good set up to start with.There's a bait shop right next to the dam directly beside Three Castles resort to get your live bait from.

I've had good success casting large spinnerbaits for Musky around any of the many islands on the lake.

Many bays on the lake will produce musky too.Just cover alot of water and you'll usually end up catching one or will see alot of follows to the boat.

I'll be up there fishing for a week starting on Monday the 18th so leave a few for me to catch!! Good Luck and hope you have a good report to post..

I believe sunrise is right in buckhorn by the lock if im not mistaken anyway travel out toward the main lake when you get ot of the locl channel toss the shoreline on your left side good muskie spot also up in the deeper water around the lock is good for walleys and skis

Welcome aboard Bull !!!!

Last time I was out on Lower Buckhorn number of years ago my partner and I went 18 for 30 in two days in the muskie department.... Alot of them were smaller fish but fun all the same. We caught them on Suick 9" fire tigers and fire tiger reef hawgs...The bright orange with bars seemed to be the go getter colour then and I'm shure things haven't changed a whole lot so good luck !!!!!

Post pictures of all your fish when you get home after your trip so we can see how well you did....

Cheers !!!

Welcome to our OFC family Bass Killer.

I've done well in the spring (May opener and 1 or 2 weeks following) for walleye just below the dam and in the channel across from Sunrise Resort that leads to the main lake. Below the dam is closed for an extra week in May, but you're fine for June.

Only fished for walleye at night though.

Never fished it this time of year, but the current areas should still produce walleye at night.

Bouncing a jig and worm on bottom or casting wally divers and similar minnow imitating lures produced

for me.

Sorry, never targeted skis, so I can't help you there, but lots of info here for you.

Try and get some pictures for your report.

We like pics. :)