Picture...nf

nautifish

Well i thought i would post this here as well as the gallery.

This year palm trees were planted on the beach here in dover for the 1st yr. I guess they are going to do it every yr now and are also talking about planting them down walker street which is the street thats leads off the main drag to the beach here./

So i took this shot from the beach house resturant late october this year. Thought i would share it.....

Would never think it was dover if you know dover.

What a difference some plam trees can make.....lol

sunset_in_Port_Dover.jpg

Edited by nautifish

Wow, that IS Dover beach! Holy Cow, I never new they planted palm trees there!!!

At first I thought you had just photoshopped a couple of palm trees into a Dover photo.

It certainly does make it look tropical down there. Fishing on the pier will have a whole different feel to it. I'll have to dig out my Cabana-wear.

LOL MIKE

No no photo shop they are real palm trees...lol

They were all planted early summer eight i do beleive maybe nine....lol.....They do look really nice and make such a big difference especially when u take a walk along the pier and the beach.....They have been taken out for the winter and will be planted again when the weather starts to warm up again next yr.

Would be really nice if they do plant them along walker street even the main drag would be great too.

hey why not? Its only taxpayer money that would be wasted elsewhere anyways,

LOL

Actually rizzo it was the KNETTLES who invested in the palm trees.....out of there own pockets....

If you are wondering who they are they are a family here in dover that pratically own half the town..That being four restaraunts a convenience store and a gift store & a beach wear clothing store.

I think its great the decided to brighten up the beach with there own money. :D

What are they gonna do put parkas on the for the winter :D

Whopper

lol whooper read the second post....... :P:D:Gonefishing:

Edited by nautifish

beautifying the area at the same time

Exactly

Dover is a great little town its about time someone did something to spruce the beach up and make it more inviteing. Now if someone could just come up with the spondules to revamp the whole mainstreet..downtown...lol :D:D:Gonefishing:

Saw an article in the paper when we were in Dover this summer.Apparently its a local greenhouse/nursery that rents them out and stores them for you in the winter.Said lots of people were using them around backyard swimming pools.Was a nice touch to the beach area,although the one day we were there it was windy and about 19 degrees.And that was in July.

Cool to see palm trees on a Canadian beach.

I didn't think they could last through our winters.

What happens when they get too big to pull out of the ground?

Start over?

Not sure to be honest carp.....I do not even know how big these trees actually grow before they reach full size. Does anyone else know?

Some of the new houses they are building here just outside of town have had palm trees planted in front of the houses.........And again i am assuming that the same person will remove them and store them for the winter months.....I think more of our beaches should have some palm trees along out L,Erie shores..But they do not come cheap from what i have read...They look so nice and its pretty cool being able to sit under a plam tree on the beach here in southern ontario. :D ....lol

Them Palm trees look a little thin.

Palm_1.jpg

Palm_2.jpg

Clampet i can not see ur pictures clearly as they will not enlarge...Sorry.....As for the palm trees looking thin? Are they all sopost to have the same circumference? :P:D

....I was in Dover with my Sweetie on Thanksgiving Monday and was floored to see palm trees. With the weather as nice as it was it felt like we'd escaped to the tropics for the afternoon....lol. I heard through a friend that these trees will be removed and stored in a greenhouse for the winter, not sure how true that is but it makes sense if they want them to survive. Anyhow here's a pic of my Sweetie, palm trees in background having lunch at Callahans (sp ?). Mmmmm can you say perch lunch and cold beer. :)

med_gallery_9_87_13389.jpg

spiel that is another awesome photograph.

They really do make a big difference. Being able to sit out on the patio having a drink or something to eat here in dover over looking the lake and to boot palm trees in the scenery too.....

Lunker not quiet sure what u mean by ur post? not that most residents of dover care all that much about them right now...

You mean the floods last night? The palm trees have been removed now till late spring.