Wind please go away

Rizzo

My musky opener plan was to go to St. Clair on the Monday after the opener....due to strong winds we cancelled that and headed to Kawarthas instead. This ended up being a wise move...the wind howled up there too but at least some fish were cooperative and we did not fear for our lives. We caught 4 smallish fish (all between 36-39 inches) and lost a couple more that also seemed to be of comparable stature. Now my yearly spring trip, planned for later this week (Wed-Sat) also appears to be in jeopardy...or at least heading to St. Clair seems to be in jeopardy. Winds again either strong, or from the north (and strong too). We generally make Belle River home base, and hope to be able to sneak out there as I truly miss the mothball smell of Petitie Dragon. Here is hoping things settle down or it might be a kawartha report showing up next week.

Thought I would give it 12 hours then check weather network again. Somehow things have managed to get worse. It now goes thunderstorm, thunderstorm, then 30 k north winds on the Friday. Kawarthas on the other hand show 23 degrees, 10-15 k winds and partly cloudy each day...guess the mind is made up!