NF - advise what to do after...

GBW

i dont think you will get much from them unless the person who got your info is a well seasoned crook and steals your identity then you sue them.

how much do you need your job...then decide how much you want to push it

I would get them to put it in writing that they released your info and they take full responsibility to the fallout from it , if there is fall out

otherwise it was a mistake...let it go

They did mail me a letter staying they messed up.

Provincial Privacy Commissioner's office would be a call I'd make, if for no other reason than to have the incident recorded within their database.

I agree with others, if you want to keep your job, calm down and ask for a meeting with HR to GET THEIR ADVICE AS TO HOW TO HANDLE THIS WITHIN THE COMPANY.

If you want to lose your job, go in their guns a blazing.

HH

Just read this now and I'm off to work, I'll look it up and call, thanks Joe

Very first thing I would do is purchase Equifax credit monitoring. They will notify you if anyone makes a credit application in your name to confirm it is you. If it is your employers fault, have them cover the Equifax cost.

If I were in your position I would do this immediately. Criminals move fast...

Good idea and thanks.

Request that they pay for 2 years of credit monitoring is a good way to protect yourself at their expense. You have no damages and "what ifs" will only make a lawyer rich.

art

Great advice to get Equifax. I advised he see a Lawyer because it appeared he had a lot of "what if's" on his mind. Often first consults are at no charge these days. I also said earlier that you can't bring a law suit against anyone until you have damages. Being p'd off doesn't count.

I am sure Geoff's blood pressure has dropped today compared to yesterday.

Are you feeling a bit better today Geoff?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I can only imagine what the OP is going through. I'd personally crap my pants and do something I'd probably regret in the near coming future.

But there has been some good advise here so far. The only piece I could lend, is possibly calling an employment lawyer. From listening to AM 640 over the years, a name that rings well in my ears is Lior Samfiru. Don't have his number handy unfortunately, but I'm sure Google does.

A long shot possibly, but something I'd try. Hopefully it all pans out, and your info hasn't fallen into ill hands.

Good luck.

Request that they pay for 2 years of credit monitoring is a good way to protect yourself at their expense. You have no damages and "what ifs" will only make a lawyer rich.

art

I am planning on do just that...

Great advice to get Equifax. I advised he see a Lawyer because it appeared he had a lot of "what if's" on his mind. Often first consults are at no charge these days. I also said earlier that you can't bring a law suit against anyone until you have damages. Being p'd off doesn't count.

I am sure Geoff's blood pressure has dropped today compared to yesterday.

Are you feeling a bit better today Geoff?

A bit but not much. I had to bite my tongue today big time around a few of the exec's that came for a site visit...

I can only imagine what the OP is going through. I'd personally crap my pants and do something I'd probably regret in the near coming future.

But there has been some good advise here so far. The only piece I could lend, is possibly calling an employment lawyer. From listening to AM 640 over the years, a name that rings well in my ears is Lior Samfiru. Don't have his number handy unfortunately, but I'm sure Google does.

A long shot possibly, but something I'd try. Hopefully it all pans out, and your info hasn't fallen into ill hands.

Good luck.

I listen to him too on 900 CHML he knows his stuff and doesn't charge for a first consultation.