They're here!!!

We were having a libation on the deck before dinner last night and my wife asked "are those carp?" no my dear lady they are huge female Small Mouth Bass looking for some nice digs and a date. They were big Momas too.

Having watched them spawn here for 20 years now I can say through experience that they will be finished spawning and off the beds by the 4th Saturday in June here in Zone 19. Good for the Bass not so good for the once a year Bass fisherman. It looks like the 403 here on opening weekend and then only a few boats the rest of the year here out front or is it out back?

They are about 1/4" when they leave the beds and there has to be thousands of coffee ground sized fry for each bed once hatched. I always wondered what the survival rate to adulthood for them is?

If I saw a Musky on this part of the lake I would buy a 649 ticket. Better odds winning that. Wouldn't that be nice though. They are making a huge come back in Long Point Bay I hear, small but they are there. Some say they have always been there. They are spotted Musky. Big definite round spots.