Things Are Bad!!!!!

It's full board safety mode 1440 minutes a day Rick, but I know what you mean. It's referred to as "an elevation of awareness" I called it Defcon 5.

Yep. I just mean it goes to a crazy level lol.

The amount of safety that goes into these sights is utterly astounding.

But H2S is so deadly, those rig rats go off and people are jumping off 30-60ft drops if they have too. Better chance of survival falling that height than H2S exposure.

I know its not there yet, but this will be a major hurdle in rebuilding fort mac.

You cant even dig in alberta without the prispect of encountering H2S

We all can help. Go into any bank and pass them a 10, 5, toonie or even a loonie for the Red Cross. It all adds up. I heard myself say to my wife today, our tax dollars are being used up there, then I slapped myself and went into a bank and donated. Well wishes and prayers help but money works immediately.

Yep. I just mean it goes to a crazy level lol.

The amount of safety that goes into these sights is utterly astounding.

But H2S is so deadly, those rig rats go off and people are jumping off 30-60ft drops if they have too. Better chance of survival falling that height than H2S exposure.

I know its not there yet, but this will be a major hurdle in rebuilding fort mac.

You cant even dig in alberta without the prispect of encountering H2S

I would suggest to Management Rick that if they have workers exposed to deadly gases and are in a position to egress only by jumping 60 feet to the ground you have a huge problem and a simple solution. It's called a Scott Air Pac. For egress situations they sell 5 minute Scott Air Pacs specifically designed for short term use for immediate egress in a toxic gas environment. They are only the size of a small propane bottle and weigh hardly anything. Hear the alarm, don the SAP and calmly egress the area to safety. I'll split the bonus with you. Where do you work, Iran? They wear sandals while casting molten metal and a wet rag across their faces is a resperator. Not all plants, some. If they need a Health&Safety consultant give them my email address, I ain't cheap though.

edit: I wrote India by mistake, India has impressive plants. That's where Arcilor Mittal originated. All the bells and whistles. Iran, well, it's Iran. Hi tech and zero safety measures.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Canadians RULE!!!!! :D

13164257_10157003114190393_7863294998075

Yes sir!!!!

Many of my friends and old co workers or out there now assisting in any way they can.

My hats off to all those kind souls.

Trudeau better step up quick and realize the sevarity.

Citizens are making the government look like idiots(once again)

Canadians are awesome!

I watched Jr's press conference this morning. He said all the right things. Now send the resources they need, be it money, fire fighters, military, whatever. Just do it. He should have had his ass there yesterday but I'm sure his people told him it's not safe, maybe. Nothing wrong with being south of the city and talking to the exodus of citizens on the highway. Take a lesson from Bush Jr's mistake of being late to New Orleans and see the loss from the ground not in a chopper a mile above. As soon as boots are on the ground in the city his should be 2 of them. No, he should be there now.

Canadians RULE!!!!! :D

13164257_10157003114190393_7863294998075

That is a wonderful gesture. The governments of Alberta as well as our Feds should be paying for all the gas needed by the refugees of McMurry. As well as food, water and shelter. A family pulls up in a car heading south from the city with only the shirts on their backs who do you think they are? The Griswald's going to Vegas?

I don't remember to whom but read before the fire started the Fed's just earmarked 500K to a country for such an important reason I don't remember to whom or why? I hope this thread doesn't go political so I'm thinking about not posting this. It probably will anyway as soon as we know everyone is safe. Countdown to Syrian refugee comparisons, it's inevitable.

Frig, not to take away from fort mac but now we have a pretty large fire on the ontario/manitoba boarder

Heavy winds have travelled the smoke here and shes purdy thick!

Also, you guys see westjet was helping fly people outta fort mac and air canada flight went from $600 to $4300 over night to get outta fort mac???

Also, you guys see westjet was helping fly people outta fort mac and air canada flight went from $600 to $4300 over night to get outta fort mac???

Yep, Westjet was flying people out for free and flew out all of the patients from the hospital too.

Have hated AC for a long time and I refuse to fly with them.

I'll walk before getting on one of their planes!!! :angry:

That's awesome! Thanx for posting that Rick.

I'm a construction worker for many years. Laborer, carpenter, concrete foreman, site superintendent, now crane operator. I'm having a hard time to understand how they will ever rebuild the city. The oil companies have their work camps north of the city for their workers but with the loss of many homes where will the people live who are going to perform work needed to construct the new homes/buildings? It's mindboggling!! Fort Mac is a very remote city. Unlike southern Ontario,- for example if you lived in Kitchener & a major work project was required in Mississauga or Vaughan or even Whitby it's a short commute. Once you leave Fort Mac (heading north or south) there is nothing but bush for many, many miles.

That's awesome! Thanx for posting that Rick.

I'm a construction worker for many years. Laborer, carpenter, concrete foreman, site superintendent, now crane operator. I'm having a hard time to understand how they will ever rebuild the city. The oil companies have their work camps north of the city for their workers but with the loss of many homes where will the people live who are going to perform work needed to construct the new homes/buildings? It's mindboggling!! Fort Mac is a very remote city. Unlike southern Ontario,- for example if you lived in Kitchener & a major work project was required in Mississauga or Vaughan or even Whitby it's a short commute. Once you leave Fort Mac (heading north or south) there is nothing but bush for many, many miles.

No prob. Everyone hates oil/gas etc until they realize they cannot live without it.

Im not gonna lie, these companies do some bad crap.

But they also do some amazing things

Ying and yang i suppose.

But my word should be taken with a grain of salt.

I left 7 years ago and have no idea what has changed