mechanics on board help? NF

manitoubass2

I gotta admit I ain't NEVER heard of it taking a week to get a tow truck - y'all sure they haven't forgotten about you?

Michael

They got towed already. Just no work done yet.

Kinda sucks but I know the owners son and they are servicing and working on some local schoolbuses so im low on the totem pole

OH! Must have missed the getting towed part - last I remember reading was you were waiting for a tow truck to be available.

Really hope it gets resolved quick and easy (and cheap!).

Michael

Me too!!!!

We did have to wait kinda long for a tow, they came on friday or saturday night at like 930pm ???.

Had this kinda thing happen to my VW after the ice storm. Started it, it was shaking like it was misfiring and immediately check engine light came on. I first assumed fuel line was still frozen , or something to do with water intrusion as there was a lot of rain that turned to ice then quick melt.

Has been running fine since.

I'm hoping u just need your computer flashed and let her dry out. Seems weird both cars were affected.

My guess is ignition coil something ..

I'm not a mechanic

Ya, sugar for your coffee. :sarcasm:

funny man! :D

My guess is ignition coil something ..

I'm not a mechanic

I'm going out on a limb here and saying for you, maybe. Rick, NOT SO MUCH I feel...

If I tried pulling a 9 day wait on a customer's vehicle; it be the last I'd ever see of them as customers.

I guess it's a different situation up there, when this might be the only shop for a few miles?

You have way more patients then me, I'd be on the phone with them so much; that they'd fix the thing(s) just to get rid of me. LOL

Dan.

If I tried pulling a 9 day wait on a customer's vehicle; it be the last I'd ever see of them as customers.

I guess it's a different situation up there, when this might be the only shop for a few miles?

You have way more patients then me, I'd be on the phone with them so much; that they'd fix the thing(s) just to get rid of me. LOL

Dan.

Yeah dan its like a pop. Of 1000 tops and hes the only reliable mechanic around soooo...

And like I said hes working on scoolbuses so that takes priority.

And he has 3 staff lol. A lady to answer the phone, his son doing oil changes/tire rotations and simple tasks.

So hes the only guy actually fixing vehicles.

Im not mad at him, but I sure am frustrated with no vehicle

Oh he towes for free too.

I could have had an outside companny tow to fort frances canadian tire but it would cost a good chunk, and canadian tire in fort sucks

Edited by manitoubass2

Just for reference, maybe you remember the spedometer went out on the 01 jeep liberty and I believe you(dan) suggested the rear wheel censor either corroded or something like that.

I took it too emo shop and it sat for 2 weeks and they couldnt find any issue. So i was done with them.

Anyhow I just called and there is an emergency in the family? so im sure that plays a part in the delay.

I hope everything is ok.

Edited by manitoubass2

probably the disgruntled neighbour that has a problem with his pets

Is it possible the OP's cat, which he allows to wander the neighborhood, damaged the neighbors property and she was simply returning the favor?

What was it someone said about needing to be a good neighbor to have good neighbors?

Is it possible the OP's cat, which he allows to wander the neighborhood, damaged the neighbors property and she was simply returning the favor?

What was it someone said about needing to be a good neighbor to have good neighbors?

Their is at least 15 cats in the neighborhood, including two from the neighbor. (Oh she has a dog too)

Did our cat pee on her grass? Lol

???

https://youtu.be/lwlogyj7nFE

Edited by manitoubass2

A little extreme isn't it?

Your cat pooped in our garden so I am going to sugar both your vehicles gas tanks? Is this something you think is acceptable or justified?

That's like holding the door open for someone and when they don't say "thank you" (enrages me) you sucker punch them in the back of the head.

Using this logic or lackthereof, I could go trap every neighborhood cat, call the police on all of them, then put water in the WHOLE neighborhoods vehicles and just call it a day.

I wouldn't do that because some of them might be better friends with the mechanic and get ahead of your car's repair, thus a even longer wait.