Wabigoon Crappie bite.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well the crappie on Wabigoon are now prolific.

You can find them from the west end to the east end, I'm on the west end but would have to say the east end is better, not in terms of numbers but in terms of the bite, the fish on the east end are way more carefree and frisky and will zoom up to take your bait while my local piscatorial targets take a little more encouragement to commit if ya know what I mean. The east enders are to be found in 25'FOW and the west end boys (and girls) I have found so far are in 35'FOW….its all catch and keep this end as they don't survive the bends coming from deep so quick. I started fishing them with micro jigs and minnows but by accident discovered they liked the bigger 3/8 Oz jigs by far…weird….especially in metallic blue/silver. You have to use a very light rod as the bite is almost undetectable except for the random big aggressive fish. Slip bobbers also work as do large blue/silver Lindy style spoons tipped with a minnow head. Anyway, have a little video to share with you of my last outing about 5 mins away from our home...…..hope you enjoy.

Nice simon. Might I suggest getting yourself a jar of berkley maggots. Would save hauling around minnows ,and Im sure they would work just as well for them tastey slabs. And the pike and eyes will eat them too. Give them a go bud.

Edited by Brian B

Way to go! Love watching your videos! Beautiful fish!

Thanks man!

Nice simon. Might I suggest getting yourself a jar of berkley maggots. Would save hauling around minnows ,and Im sure they would work just as well for them tastey slabs. And the pike and eyes will eat them too. Give them a go bud.

I have some already, I have micro tubes, crappie bites, this bug…that bug…big jigs, little jigs, three bags full jigs (lol)…..I even tried some fly fishing flies today that looked like the mayfly larvae they were hacking up….no good.

Also i don't mind hauling minnows around…I have a pretty good live bait storage system at home and its no sweat bringing them along, whats more its more than just crappie down there so I like to have all angles covered.

Nice shooting!

No good ice around here. Well decent on nw bay but iffy

Crappie, the fish of gods!

LOL…yeah…no more ice swimming ok?

Great vid Simon. Really enjoyed it.

It's hard not to envy you with all that great fishing right in the backyard.LOL

Thanks Mike, would love to collaborate with you one day and steal some of your awesome pics!

Another awesome video bud! Looks like a riot!

LOL…its nice when they bite for sure!

Awesome Simon, very washed out looking crappies eh...almost look like whites

Yeah, Wabigoon Lake is the same colour as a double/double Timmies, its the clay, so its very murky down there and the fish look like creatures that inhabit caves….albino….all the fish are the same…..they look very sickly but taste just fine!