RIP Phife Dawg - the unofficial, official hip hop thread

AKRISONER

serious question...anyone here intrigued by views?

anyone here listen to any modern ish at all?

Dood im so out of the loop its not even funny.

I still listen to the new snowgoons stuff, AOTP, jedi mind tricks but thats about it.

Oh that hopsin kid has some decent stuff

RIP GURU

Also any of yall know about the whole Guru controversy/conspiracy?

Theres rumours that Guru and premiere were actually more than just a hip-hop duo...they actually had a relationship together...

Not sure how much i believe this part, but

when Guru died aparently his entire estate went to some mysterious man, who many believe was actually Guru's "partner" and secretly there was romantic tension between all of this.

pretty wild.

Edited by AKRISONER

Guru is/was gay. He all the trife came from his partner, I forget his name but he goes by dj solar.

He caused alot of beef between guru and premier and sounded like a real arse.

I believe solar even collects gurus royalties from gangstarr, so if anyone owns his estate Im sure its solar.

I remember along time ago in an interview kutmasta kurt said guru was even being beaten on by solar.

Thats pretty gnarly for sure.

I also read somewhere that gurus baby mama said they were in an abusive relationship together.

All speculation though

Premier is down with gurus son/family though, so you know who they back

Edited by manitoubass2

Is their any openly gay rappers?

One dood associated with heiro was gay, and he was hilarious. I forget his name though.

There was also rumours of someone is souls of mischeif being gay but I never really seen or heard anything about it

I am sure there are a pile of gay rappers, however I dont believe any of them have fully come out.

Earsnot is a gay graffiti writer...thats about as close as i can get lol

Young Thug is pretty much self admittedly Bi...but he also doesnt confirm it cause his whole persona is mysterious.

Frank Ocean from odd future is openly gay.

Edited by AKRISONER

Im trying to remember that one guy????

Not only did he rap good it was hilarious rhymes about the gay lifestyle etc.

I cant remember where I first heard him? Maybe on a peanut butter wolf album???

Didnt know frank ocean is gay. I hate odd future/tyler the creator. Nakel is awesome though and is a sick skateboarder

Frank Ocean is one of the few good things to come out of OF...Maybe Earl too. I like some new stuff, wouldn't say I'm up on it though. Joey Badass/Pro-Era had some good mixtapes a few years back, first Asap album and his mixtape were great, love Danny Brown, love RTJ/ELP/Killer Mike and all the various incarnations of MF Doom. I think I just namedropped every contemporary hip-hop artist I've ever enjoyed listening to lol

I don't know, somedays you guys cook, and somedays you guys are fried lol

Did this guy sing with Lawrence Welk (Beans/Big Cliff help me here)!

What is a Phyfe Dog?

I dated some of those I think!

Hahahahaha

Phife was a rapper, most notably for "a tribe called quest"

Frank Ocean is one of the few good things to come out of OF...Maybe Earl too. I like some new stuff, wouldn't say I'm up on it though. Joey Badass/Pro-Era had some good mixtapes a few years back, first Asap album and his mixtape were great, love Danny Brown, love RTJ/ELP/Killer Mike and all the various incarnations of MF Doom. I think I just namedropped every contemporary hip-hop artist I've ever enjoyed listening to lol

big up to danny brown

i think you probably left action bronson off of your list by mistake.

Manitou, you know bronsilino?

the only dude that can get away with rappin over sledgehammer

and my fave track...the wrestling references are amazing

Edited by AKRISONER

Talk about out of the loop. 218 threads on Hip Hop. The only hip hopsters I can name is Run DMC and Manitoubass2. Oops I forgot the Sugarland Gang I think they were called and Blondie of course.

I am old, and am happy to still listen to Dean Martin and Tommy Jones and most everything up to when Hip Hop came out. A few years, maybe 10 I realized I was out of the loop so big time that I didn't recognize one name up for a Grammy, not a single one. I didn't recognize some categories for Lord sakes.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Action bronson is awesome! Hes kinda like an underground white version of ghost face killa, except you can understand him lol. He used to be a chef, weird transition eh?

Joey, that roots alb and the one that followed it are sick!

Ill give the nod to illadelph because the next album(has like 5 bangers) but its much more produced and less raw.

Speil, go listen to some Necro, id post it here but it would probably shut down the thread ??? id suggest starting easy with the track "get on your knees"