Bowmanville Fishing Show and Swap - Anyone Going?

James77

I've just heard of this show this year, looks like a great place to score a deal compared to the big shows. Prices are much more reasonable for booths and money goes to charity! $3 donation or a perishable food item to get in.

Excerpt from Facebook:

"Please join us for the 4th Annual Bowmanville Tackle Swap and Fishing Show. The show keeps growing each year with over 3000 people attending this year and 2016 is no exception as we will have more vendors and the use of the entire arena for the Fishing show only on March 13th the start of the March Break. Once again the show will be in support of the local Salvation Army Food bank. Cost to get in the show will be either a non-perishable food donation which will be donated to the Salvation Army or $3.00 per Family. The show will have fishing companies, fishing clubs, fishing pro-staff, and lots new and use fishing gear for sale at great prices. Once again all kids 13 years and under will receive a free fishing product and there will be lots of free draw prizes again for some great fishing tackle. The show gets great support from the fishing community from all over Ontario and from local businesses and organizations. Bring the whole family and let's talk fishing on March 13th."

I'm going to be there exhibiting some shirts. Make sure to stop in and say hi!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1693105944254849/

This show spun of a great little swap the Downtown Bass Anglers used to have....I have been attending for years. Pete took this to a different level almost too commercialized for my tastes but still a great bunch of guys attend and there is a slim chance of grabbing a great deal from one of the few remaining swap tables.

Worth a look can't beat the great company.... still worth the price of admission!

I'll be there, then may slip down to the Trenton show.

Too far of a drive for me as well (I'm in Niagara), but I will be attending the fishing/ tackle swap show in Hamilton on April 2. I'm sure the Trenton show will be awesome! Have fun guys!

There is also a swap in Ft Erie on the Sunday at the Leisureplex

Yes I'll be there working at the Kelly Kustom Muskie lures booth with Scott Kelly and Andrew (Lunkerhunter). Should be a great show - looking forward to it!

Pete

Apparently we are set up right beside you guys.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers, Ron

The show was a great success! We had a lot of people through our booth and it did very well for my Nephews hobby business. We had a couple of retail stores come over and you just might see "Gremlins custom tackle and ties" in a store near you.

As for myself, I had sold most of my rods and most of my reels. The people who attended the show early got the best deals.

My hat is off to Peter and the Bommanville Fishing Club for organizing such a smooth operation. Being a club volunteer, I know all to well what work is involved and the pay rate that joins it. hahaha

On the up side, Bommanville Fishing Club just received a new member! My way of supporting the club itself.

Cheers, Ron...