Perch fishing !!

davey buoy

Lol,getting out again on Lake X this Sat. We may try auguring a hole every so often and drop a line down,last weekend was four dinks and that was all in 49' of water. I am confused as other years ,this time of year,60' we were doing well.this year a little iffy going out the extra kilometer. In your experience,this time of year would you try and go deeper for the big ones?,or do you think because of the lack of cold this year ,in close.?. We do use minnows,but not so big this year on average.Having said that not much action with the small either.Thanks for any of your ideas.,

Edited by davey buoy

If lake x is lake simcoe, I'd stick to 30-35fow for perch. I don't target much past that although perch can be caught, most often they have their air sack in their throat and you have to keep whatever comes up. It happens in 35 as well , but it's easier to be patient and reel slowly when you have a dink on. 60fow, I don't have that much patience for perch. I catch plenty decent size around the 30foot mark at this time of year. Can't help you with any other lake x's cause simcoe is pretty much all the perch fishing I do.

Thanks guys,it is Simcoe.Friend coming tomorrow,kinda want to get him on some.Been terrible .Think I will look for 30-35',Other years 59' or so was the magic number where I go for larger ones.Just to afraid to go that far out this season.Funny last Sat,had two different guys come to our huts and offer their minnows .We still had over two scoops ourselves lol. Never quite seen it that slow that you could not even have fun with the small ones.

Thanks guys,it is Simcoe.Friend coming tomorrow,kinda want to get him on some.Been terrible .Think I will look for 30-35',Other years 59' or so was the magic number where I go for larger ones.Just to afraid to go that far out this season.Funny last Sat,had two different guys come to our huts and offer their minnows .We still had over two scoops ourselves lol. Never quite seen it that slow that you could not even have fun with the small ones.

Well I know it's on the other side of the lake from you but I have seen some of the fish coming out of Beaverton and there have been some beautiful catches. Might be worth the hour drive around the lake to fish that side. It is a long walk out though if you are hoofing it.