Sting... Really!?

Headhunter

Why because I think hip hop is garbage? Or because the NBA isn't the greatest basketball?

My opinion is as good as anyone else's.

by claiming "hip hop" isnt real music, you have basically displayed how little you know about the subject matter and music in general.

You dont have to like it, i dont like EDM, country or house music...but they are music and I can appreciate the talent of the individuals making it.

Manitou, i cant say i agree with you referring to "rap" either. You are now diving into sub genres. Rather than confusing everyone lets let KRS one provide the definition "rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live"

we cant confuse the subject matter of one artist as now not being classified as hip hop/rap...many artists that you might listen to were mostly likely highly influenced by artists with said violent/negative subject matter, but that is the essence of music. True good music is a product of its environment, thats why hip-hop for example, that was born on the streets of compton in the mid 1980's is violent in nature. Its groundbreaking and simply a product of the environment. Its not manufactured. Thats how you can easily define good music.

Also please dont make assumptions that because I listen to hip-hop i dont know anything about music.

Edited by AKRISONER

You got me there.

BUT, rap in the 80's, 90's and early 00's was much different than the rap of today.

In those years many artist were borderline both genres are even crossed back and forth.

Nowadays its a whole different ballgame(unforunately)

But yes your point is taken.

And I agree, us that like or even love hip hop usually listen to alot of other genres as well.

Like I mentioned, I love the travelling wilburies also david lee roth, the scorpions, johnny cash, megadeth, system of the down, herb albert and the tiajuana bass haaha.

Pretty much just love music in general

I got you a present

attachicon.gifgetoffmylawn.jpg

I also have found shouting "give me back my Jacket" during an argument derails the other side really good too.

Art

Stephen Fry has an awesome canned comeback as well for those who are being aggressive towards you: Please don't do that it gives me an erect..n