MNRF closes walleye on Scugog effective Jan 1, 2016

ccmtcanada

I am on Cameron Lake where the slot size is 35 to 50 cm. About 50% of Walleye that I catch are in that slot size , 30% would be below the slot size and 20% would be above the slot size. How it is working I could not tell you, but I do know that I have caught more big Walleye in the past couple of years than I did before.

Same here (different KA lake) but the numbers above are the same

I can't help but wonder about boundaries for a year round closed season exception such as this. Will the Nonquon River be included, or East and West Cross Creeks? How about the Scugog River between Scugog Lake to areas above the dam in Lindsay?

I can't help but wonder about boundaries for a year round closed season exception such as this. Will the Nonquon River be included, or East and West Cross Creeks? How about the Scugog River between Scugog Lake to areas above the dam in Lindsay?

Very good point!!

S.

I'd love to hear an 'official' reply to this too!

I'm sure the closure will include the entire lake plus tribs and go to the boundary perimeter right to the dam in Lindsay why would the close the lake yet allow walleye to be taken in the few tribs & river spots they may use for spawning ?? Doesn't make sense but then again never know till they make it crystal clear as I'm sure they will need to make special regs in 65 different languages so that so called fishermen are aware of this ...... The poachers will just say they didn't understand or realize the changes I foresee lots of charges coming up

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the 2017 regulations have cleared this up.

"Lake Scugog, including waters south of Highway 7A, Blackstock Creek, Nonquon River; as well as the Scugog River to the Trent Severn Dam in Lindsay, Mariposa Brook and East Cross Creek. - Walleye Closed All Year"

People were witnessed catching and keeping walleye in 2016 at three locations that have now been clarified as closed for walleye fishing in 2017: Above the dam in Lindsay, underneath the "iron bridge" in Lindsay, and at the Cross Creek bridge south of Lindsay on River Road (East Cross Creek).

People were witnessed catching and keeping walleye in 2016 at three locations that have now been clarified as closed for walleye fishing in 2017: Above the dam in Lindsay, underneath the "iron bridge" in Lindsay, and at the Cross Creek bridge south of Lindsay on River Road (East Cross Creek).

So you are stating that during regular / open season that walleye are closed on the Sturgeon Lake side of the lock in Lindsay?

So you are stating that during regular / open season that walleye are closed on the Sturgeon Lake side of the lock in Lindsay?

No, I'm not stating that and I made no mention of Sturgeon Lake at all, only Scugog.

Regulations: "Lake Scugog, including waters south of Highway 7A, Blackstock Creek, Nonquon River; as well as the Scugog River to the Trent Severn Dam in Lindsay, Mariposa Brook and East Cross Creek. - Walleye Closed All Year"

Sturgeon Lake is below (downstream of) the dam in Lindsay and the Scugog River flows from Lake Scugog to Sturgeon Lake.

The Scugog River on the Sturgeon Lake (downstream) side of the Lock in Lindsay, however, is closed for an extra week beyond the regular open season for walleye in Zone 17. That fish sanctuary doesn't open until the 3rd Saturday in May.

Do your own due diligence in checking the regulations.

i kept fish from these waters last year after chatting with a CO that said he had no info on the river being closed so go ahead. Glad you brought this up in case i missed it in this years regs