Catching/keeping minnows

Dutch01

I don't know what you're fishing for, but I like bigger minnows this time of year.

I'm fishing for walleye. I know they'll take larger minnows in fall, so I don't mind. There's a number of good sized ones, but some look like they'll take my float or Pickerel rig and swim away with it!

You should see the ones I released, they were massive (8-9" pike/muskie minnows).

Anyways I'll find out this weekend if the walleye like 'em or not.

Edited by Dutch01

Are you planning on using these minnows to fish with? If so, if you use them in a different body of water I am under the assumption this is illegal. Am I right?

The regs say crayfish can only be used in the waterbody they are harvested from. No such mention for minnows. Besides, if that were the case you'd have to ask the bait shop where they got their minnows, and then only fish that lake....

image.png

The regs say crayfish can only be used in the waterbody they are harvested from. No such mention for minnows. Besides, if that were the case you'd have to ask the bait shop where they got their minnows, and then only fish that lake....

Thanks for the info. I used to think that it was fine but a very knowledgeable angler told me otherwise so I just believed him. :wallbash:.

Let the minnow trapping begin. lol