Photos that make you smile?

Rod Caster

Jesse Ireland 02.jpgMy Grandpappy, my mentor, best fishing buddy I ever had...Taught me how to skin a catfish, tie fishing knots, carve a float, catch frogs for bait, tar a roof of a model "T"...all the things a young lad should know...

Awesome!

I really enjoy the older photos!

Ill have to find some of my gramps, he has some real gems?

This one means alot to me even though its a poor photo

My friend past away, and he loved ice fishing. So no i hold a memorial family fishing day derby in his honour.

These folks have never fished rainy river.

And when the young boy hooked a sturgeon, he was freaking right out! So was dad!

they couldnt grasp what it was until it reached the hole

They went absolutely bonkers!

And hey, thats a pretty big stugeon ice fishing on walleye gear!

They were both just shaking and said it was the best experience of their lives lol

ricksiphone201314%202601_zpsf9vyonew.jpg

My grandparents (Dads folks) had a waterfront home in the n/w corner of Simcoe and were both VERY avid fishermen and fished practically every day including ice fishing in the winter.

This picture is probably from the late 60's and is just a typical fish that they got on a regular basis. I was lucky and they both lived till nearly 90 and I spent many many years fishing with them.

Cnv0108.jpg

My mom's family were all from Killaloe and they were all deer hunters and my dad, myself and my brother joined them for years.

Here's a picture of them back in the day with the old barn we lived in while hunting just outside of Algonquin Park from the 50's

That's my dad on your left

Cnv0269.jpg

Edited by lew

Priceless Lew. Cant amagine hunting back then with what we have now, but would of loved to have done it. Thanks for the pic bud.

It was pretty darned nice Brian, my brother and I started going with them around 1957 and continued for 15 years or so. That old barn is 10 miles west of Round Lake just outside of Algonquin and was built in 1825 along with the trappers cabin. They collapsed around 1965 so it shows how well they must have been built back in the day.

Lotsa great memories from back then.

That's me on your right with my dad & brother...eddyk

Cnv1204.jpg

Edited by lew

Lew: The picture with your Dad & Brother & Axe is great! He must have done a lot of work on that property, imagine the previous generation who probably cleared it/worked it by horse.

Rick: My caption for the first photo "Ok G, if we use these worms properly we can turn them into fish burgers"

Rick: My caption for the first photo "Ok G, if we use these worms properly we can turn them into fish burgers"

:lol: , if I remember, you're not far off the mark Chad - although it was probably G being the smartypants. The boy has some great one liners. Brings to mind when we were in home depot when he was still a toddler. We're in the sink display area on a weekend with the usual crowds. Ho looks over at his Mum (in front of about, oh 20 people or so ) and says in a loud voice that filled the aisle, "Mummy, look at all dose dinks........"