Am I asking too much here? Warranty issue NF

misfish

tires should be covered under the vehicle warranty, its common sense, you bought the vehicle with tires installed by chrysler, at a chrysler facility, they didn't ship the vehicle to goodyear to have the tires installed.

I hated the wranglers that came with my f-150, i bought the truck with 53k on it, and replaced the tires at 60k, got a set of firestone transforce, they are a commercial grade tire with a very heavy load rating

In 2005 I bought a new Safari van that came with Michelin LTX tires. Very next day after taking delivery I had a 2" drywall screw go thru the sidewall. I called the dealership assuming it had a road hazard warranty on the tires and was told "Nope, every things covered 'cept that".

They gave me a discount on a new tire but their expensive and it still cost me a lot.

Pretty sad considering they only had a few miles on them.

In 2005 I bought a new Safari van that came with Michelin LTX tires. Very next day after taking delivery I had a 2" drywall screw go thru the sidewall. I called the dealership assuming it had a road hazard warranty on the tires and was told "Nope, every things covered 'cept that".

They gave me a discount on a new tire but their expensive and it still cost me a lot.

Pretty sad considering they only had a few miles on them.

Makes you wonder why wouldn't a new vehicle come with at least the offer to purchase a road hazard warranty on the tires, for a nominal fee?

I am not a fan of most dealership add ons but a tire road hazard plan is one I would consider given the size and shape of our million plus pot holes in the city I live in. Never mind the chance of picking up a screw or nail that goes through the sidewall.

One tire shop manager here says he has NEVER seen so many damaged rims and cases where the hit was so bad the tire was cut too, as over the winter and early spring this year. So he called the city, they just laughed, said no one wants their taxes raised and hung up on him. So I don't see it getting it any better for next year if we have a deep freeze this winter.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Those cracks are nothing to be concerned about

you're over thinking it.

So Im not crazy then. LOL Thanks

Not sure if the cracks pose a concern or not, but if you go the replacement route I wouldn't get the same tires. Is that what the dealer quoted you for or different model?

They wanted to give me the same tire. Said they were the higher priced ones in that model. OK

You had stop carrying that toon or the tires may explode.

lmao Ralph

Are you up fishing yet ?

Thanks guys for all the replies.

Like I said, I will wait to talk to the dealership I bought the truck from. Atleast I have that GoodYear has said they will replace. That should hold some air for me.

I,ll use these up if I get the same answer, and get the ones I want come next year.

I've never and probably never will buy a brand new vehicle, but for my older ones, I do all my tire-stuff with Kal Tire. They've been amazing, up here at least. They've even fixed punctured tires for me for free, even ones I didn't buy from them. I know this is ever so slightly off-topic, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.