'Old Stock' Canadians?

SirCranksalot

Harper lost my support when he cut back on vetran's affairs,

Any one who treat their Heros like that is a slime ball in my books,

Shame on Harper and Julian Fantino !!

A politician gets life time pension after 2 terms in the office,

Ok, what I heard on an interview on CBC radio yesterday is that the pension cuts etc for veterans was a bill by Paul Martin and only came into effect/got noticed under Harpers time.

Also they say that closing offices is not cutting service but actually enhancing it because its all on line now. Older WW2 vets are about gone now and the younger ones are computer savy so its fine.

edit...woops, missed lookinforwalleyes post up there...but, now I heard it verified

Edited by Dara

Good news from the Liberals flagship newspaper, Justin and Mulcair should have heeded that old sayin " it is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt " they are sinking their own ships.

http://www.thestar.com/news/federal-election/2015/09/24/conservatives-swing-into-lead-close-in-on-majority-government-new-poll-suggests.html

" old vetrans are about gone now and the new one are computer savy, so it's ok "

Really ??

So all these crazy vetrans must be upset about nothing.

Try showing your physical and mental scars "on line"

Also in that same interview it was noted that the loudest protest group is funded by a couple of unions.

There are a lot of facts missing from this stuff...up untill a few months ago my daughter worked as an employment counsellor for veterans...Seems some of the work is contracted out now so possibly offices have moved rather than just being shut dow. I don't know for sure

I have only one vote and I will put it where I think it does me the most good while keeping in mind what I think is also best for the country

" old vetrans are about gone now and the new one are computer savy, so it's ok "

Are they really eliminating offices?

My understanding is that they previously had offices setup exclusively for vetrans affairs; and now the vetrans are being asked to obtains their services through Service Canada locations. They still have offices available. But instead of going to an office that deals exclusively in vetrans affairs; now they go to an office that provides service for several federal programs including vetrans affairs.