Salmon Halibut Sturgeon. A true trip of a lifetime.. very pic heavy

Meegs

back to Meegs, thanks for that information.

Yes when we fished out of Winter Harbour the SMALLEST waves were eight footers. And we were in an 18 foot boat............. Second day, all of the commercial fishing boats came in and tied up alongside to wait out a gale, you KNOW that is going to be dirty weather, and not something a small boat is going to like..............

Doug

You don't post nearly as often as you once did James but I am happy enough to take what I can get.

An incredible trip for you and your dad obviously. Great fishing days to share and the back story made this report all that much better to read through. Congrats on your great PB's and don't wait so long to share here again.

Jiggin' 1-pounders... Geeesh! :clapping:

You don't post nearly as often as you once did James but I am happy enough to take what I can get.

An incredible trip for you and your dad obviously. Great fishing days to share and the back story made this report all that much better to read through. Congrats on your great PB's and don't wait so long to share here again.

Jiggin' 1-pounders... Geeesh! :clapping:

Thanks Bunk... I know I don't post near as much as I used to. I kinda figured as much when I went on the actual computer for the first time in 4 years to write this one up. Lol In all honesty this was the first real trip I've done in quite some time. Been tough with the young kids, just don't have the time to get out. I'm anxiously waiting for my daughter to get a little bit older so I can start taking both the young ones out.

What a great trip and some awesome fishing! Some more memories for you and your Father. I grew up on Vancouver island fishing and exploring the island and am still always amazed at the size of some of the salmon caught each year. In 1985 myself and 13 others launched 7 canoes from Port Hardy and 16 days later arrived in Victoria. Always nice reading about places that hold great memories, thanks for taking the time to post.

What a great trip and some awesome fishing! Some more memories for you and your Father. I grew up on Vancouver island fishing and exploring the island and am still always amazed at the size of some of the salmon caught each year. In 1985 myself and 13 others launched 7 canoes from Port Hardy and 16 days later arrived in Victoria. Always nice reading about places that hold great memories, thanks for taking the time to post.

that would of been an amazing canoe trip!