Drop Shot with a Nightcrawler

sneak_e_pete

Heading to the French next weekend. I killed them in May using minnows on a drop shot, but minnows are hard to come by this time of year.

Anyone ever drop shot with a live worm? Do you constantly have to lift and drop so the worm doesnt sag or can you just let it sit there?

Thanks in advance!

Heading to the French next weekend. I killed them in May using minnows on a drop shot, but minnows are hard to come by this time of year.

Anyone ever drop shot with a live worm? Do you constantly have to lift and drop so the worm doesnt sag or can you just let it sit there?

Thanks in advance!

SEP.

What is your travel route to the french? There are a number of bait stores that can supply you with minnows Im sure.

I always use worms on a drop shot. Don't lift the weight off the bottom. Just let it sit on semi-slack line so the walleye can easily suck it in and still give it a bit of a jiggle every now and then.

im gonna vouch for my man in Pointe Au Baril

Right across from the shell station aka the side of the highway you are driving on you wont lose any time at all going. He keeps minners year round and is simply a really nice guy. Anything I can do to promote his business I will.