RIP SENS Fans

JFR

Where are all the Sens fans, terribly silent today, eh!

When it came down to the crunch, the team was found wanting.

A simple word of advice, do not come to the table, hat in hand and beg other fans to start cheering for your team, this must be a Canadian thing! For one thing, I won't change my team loyalty.

That's it, my one and only hockey rant. No go fishing.

John

I couldnt believe what I saw in 4 out of 5 games in the Stanley Cup final.....

It must have been a new strategy for the sens...

All 6 players (at the same time) dropped to the ice with both their hands wrapped around their neck....

Needless to say, their new strategy didn't work out to well!

Congrats to Chris Phillips on his 1st Stanley Cup winning goal...

(next time Chris, score on your opponents net)

Guest Trophymuskie

LOL you guys are so funny.

We got to watch 20 more games then you sorry makebeliefs fans.

I must admit it was so ugly last night so much so that I believed it was the leafs and not the Sens playing.

I knew it was over in minutes when they started to call imaginary penalties which did lead to the first goal of the game.

We'll have to settle for second best for 2007 and we'll be back in the playoffs for the 11th year in a row in '08.

Now when was the last time the makebeliefs made it to the Stanley Cup finals?

TrophyMuskie, Funny that you say you thought it was the Leafs playing...I thought the exact same thing!!! Everytime Alfie touched the puck, he got booed, the Sens goaltending was found wanting, and the Sens were on the brink of elimination and got pushed over it. Sucks to be a Sens fan. What did I tell you in the beginning of this? The Sens will NEVER be Canadas team. Just look at the ratings. The problem with it all is that Ottawa is where our taxes go to die. Who'd want to support them? Oh, right. You do. Sorry for your loss. Cool of you to keep picking on the Leafs though. Shows who you think of when you are cheering your team on. Take care :lol:

Any Fan of a canadian team can make fun of the Sens but Leaf fans.

Hey they were in the final as was Edmonton and Calgary!

At least these organizations are trying to win

Leaf fans really should have no opinion on any other canadian team, that at least tries to ice a competetive team, instead of signing old has beens and claim they are trying.

Our old family friend ( RIP ) was the leafs head scout till the early 70's , he at least had talent and tried. This group is a disgrace to sports!

I'm not a big hockey fan but I will say this, any time your team makes it to the final four you have had a GREAT season and anything after that is icing on the cake. :clapping:

For fans from other teams to bash a team that made it to the FINAL game when their team didn't come close or not even make the playoffs is just stupid comments from jealousy that they watched from the sidelines through out the playoff season and could only hope your team got beat. :rolleyes:

As a big fan of the Buffalo Bills I have heard it all about how the Bills are losers for losing four straight Super Bowl games, but not in my eyes. I am proud that they are the ONLY team in the NFL and may remain the only team in the NFL that could make four straight Super Bowl runs. If they are losers what is that saying about the other 30 teams through out the NFL. Only one team can win it all at the end of the year and only one team can be the runner up. :P

Guest Trophymuskie
I'm not a big hockey fan but I will say this, any time your team makes it to the final four you have had a GREAT season and anything after that is icing on the cake. :clapping:

For fans from other teams to bash a team that made it to the FINAL game when their team didn't come close or not even make the playoffs is just stupid comments from jealousy that they watched from the sidelines through out the playoff season and could only hope your team got beat. :rolleyes:

As a big fan of the Buffalo Bills I have heard it all about how the Bills are losers for losing four straight Super Bowl games, but not in my eyes. I am proud that they are the ONLY team in the NFL and may remain the only team in the NFL that could make four straight Super Bowl runs. If they are losers what is that saying about the other 30 teams through out the NFL. Only one team can win it all at the end of the year and only one team can be the runner up. :P

:clapping::clapping:

Very well said Billy Bob.

I'm just as proud of a sens fan as I was 2 weeks ago when we were dominating. Playoff hockey is where it's at and it was nice to have to cheer my team on for 20 playoff games where they won 13 of those. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Trophymuskie

rickybob_05_1024.jpg

Actually, I think the Leafs are smarter....they have had a 2 month vacation already, whereas the Senators have worked for the past 2 months, and what did they get out of it? NOTHING!

I understand the bitterness coming from the Sens fans, because I too would be bitter if my team CHOKED in 10 straight playoffs!!!!

thanks Mr JR for posting this...saves me getting jumped on again by sens fans for being a true ducks fan....

GO DUCKS GO!!

Funny you didn't mention it until after game 1 :o:whistling:

The better team won, but you can't discount the Sens. They were a good team that deserved to be where they got. Good teams learn to win. Pronger lost in game 7 last year. Giguere and Niedermayer lost in 7 with the same franchise in '03 (Rob to his brother, no less, after losing with the Panthers in the '96 finals). Selanne's waited 15 years and 86 playoff games. It was the first finals for a young Sens team. Anyone who says they choked needs to go fishing.

For fans from other teams to bash a team that made it to the FINAL game when their team didn't come close or not even make the playoffs is just stupid comments from jealousy that they watched from the sidelines through out the playoff season and could only hope your team got beat.

You can't talk to a Sens fan about anything for five minutes without them obsessing about and bashing the Leafs. It's quite sad yet amusing at the same time. It's an inferiority complex and thier culture of losing that prevents them from winning, not talent.

Good luck next year Sens fans... 80 years and counting since your last cup win. The Leafs can go (and probably will) another 40 years to much that level of futility.

YEP, that team provided a LOT of entertainment (and isn't that what sports is all about) and now they are being recognized as several of that team's players are being inducted into the Football Hall of Fame.

For anyone who has had their team win it all, guess what, the next day no one gives a rats ass anymore. Who won last year's Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, NBA Championship. You all had to do some thinking and I'll bet some of you guys couldn't remember all of them. RIGHT ?

I'll take another four year run at the Super Bowl with the Bills then watch the New Jersey Giants play this year. :P

Well put Slow Poke!

Agreed that it is impossible to have a conversation with a Sens fan, and them not bash the leafs.

I dont get why they bash them so much......

They have yet to prove anything, but being able to CHOKE when it counts!

First off Stoty your proving your ignorance as a Leaf fan (well done newbie).Funny how you guys stir the pot and then try and blame the Sens fans for defending our team.NO CLASS.And your commentys prove exactly what I have been saying for years.The Leafs will never win another cup because the supposed center of hockey(laughable maybe the armpit of Canada) only cares about money as shown in your comments.Keep recycling those old guys and maybe you might win the world ringette championships.By the way Ottawa didn't have a team for 50yrs so compare the records while the two teams were in the league and we embarrass you pathetic little Leafs.10 YRS IN A ROW IN THE PLAYOFFS DUMBASS ALL GOOD TEAMS HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO WIN WITH EXPERIENCE IN BIG GAMES I GUESS THAT MEANS WHAT FOR TORONTO??Maybe you guys will clean up in the pre season and possibly win an event at the allstar game (oh yeah right somebody from your team would actually have to have some talent) and as far as it goes for you Charlied a true fan doesn't wait until the finals to let everyone know he is a Ducks fan unless he didn't think they were going to win(MORON).SENATORS WERE THE BEST TEAM IN HOCKEY AND THE DUCKS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN RUGBY.NO CHOKE HERE WE MADE IT TO THE FINALS AND HONESTLY WOULDN"T IT BE TORONTO NOW THAT ARE THE CHOKERS.TORONTO WAS VOTED MOST HATED TEAM IN SPORTS BY SPORTS ILLUSTRATED THAT'S ONE YOU GUYS CAN HANG YOUR HAT ON WELL DONE SCRUBS !!!!!

Specktacklure, you can't insult members on this board. So, you've been placed on mod review. This means that your posts to this board will have to be approved by a moderator before the post can become visible to everyone. It's not all that bad really, think of it as going back to the minors.

We really don't have time for this stuff.

Have a great day.