Jigging on lake Ontario

I was out today trolling for them catching a few and ran into Steve Jigging. I stopped to join him, what a blast. Gotta get myself a ipilot. Thanks for the jiggs Steve. My biggest today was 36"

After got rough and couldn't stay on the spot so went back trolling and picked up 1 King about 15 Lbs. Hope to get out there again. Man when they hit it's like your on bottom.

Thats what I call fishing ! Too many times when Ive been out trolling and dragging everything but the kitchen sink I often wonder " why aren't I jigging with a minnow " or wow what a nice fish too bad the fight ended so quickly and the fish is half dead.

On Erie we troll lead cores etc and yes its a very productive method for big walleyes, but the fight equates to dragging up a wet sock. By then the fish is beyond resuscitation.

Anybody have recommendations on productive jigging methods / etc for Erie walleye? Id rather give up some quantity for quality?

I was out today trolling for them catching a few and ran into Steve Jigging. I stopped to join him, what a blast. Gotta get myself a ipilot. Thanks for the jiggs Steve. My biggest today was 36"

After got rough and couldn't stay on the spot so went back trolling and picked up 1 King about 15 Lbs. Hope to get out there again. Man when they hit it's like your on bottom.

I just seen this post. I really dont know what to say Dave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guess all I can really say is,,,,,,,,,,,,

Your the first newfie I know, that had to be TOLD, how to jig a fish.

:whistling::tease::D:w00t::rofl2:

Nice of Steve to share with ya me bye. :canadian:

I just seen this post. I really dont know what to say Dave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guess all I can really say is,,,,,,,,,,,,

Your the first newfie I know, that had to be TOLD, how to jig a fish.

:whistling::tease::D:w00t::rofl2:

Nice of Steve to share with ya me bye. :canadian:

:w00t::rofl2::w00t::rofl2:

I have tried jigging out there before bro but I couldn't stay on one spot because of currant and wind. I think the ipilot is a must or a real long anchor rope.

I'll post some results if I get a calm day to be able to jig again, Steve made it look easy, the man was catching steady, his #'s would blow you away.

Edited by Fish Farmer