Class III draw tite receiver. NF

davey buoy

Installed the new hitch on the truck.Receiver slid in nice.The receiver is rated 500lb tongue,5000 lb tow.Well within my limits.

My question is the hole is way over sized for my 1 7/8" and 2 "ball stem.It will fit in,but a lot of forward and back play as well side to side.Is there a bushing I may need?. Are there larger shank balls for that hole?. My explorer bumper hole was a tad loose,but not as bad as this.Any ideas would be appreciated as always.Thanks.

Dave.

Many ball kits come with a spacer/bushing already included. The bushing is also offered separately at most outlets selling this equipment.

Do you think CT would carry this bushing? .Would save buying two balls,not that it would be that much anyways.

Don't mess around, for under twenty bucks, you will have the right ball for your hitch setup. A lit if force is exerted on them. Have the right one and do not worry.

x2. A 2" ball with a 3/4" pin is only rated for 3500# while a 2" ball with a 1" pin is rated for 6000#. Even if you're only towing 3500# now, you never know when your hitch insert may end up towing something heavier....

Well fellows,went to my shop this morning and found some 7/8" deep stainless steel collars,and wouldn't you know it. 1" x 3/4". Added a 1.75"x 3/4" washer for the bottom,along with the lock washer. Fit like a glove. I have way to much stuff,looking like I have to move some of it soon lol.That material is as strong or stronger then the receiver hitch IMO. Thanks for all your ideas.Got me to thinking,and done. :)

Dave.

CT doesn't carry them, (at least in Barrie). Also checked PA this morning, they didn't either. I think a piece of 1" od, 3/4" id iron pipe would work.

YUP

Glad you got it fixed up Dave.

Edited by Brian B