Looking for shore spot for carp - Simcoe or Georgin Bay *UPDATE*

kenzy31

Hello all :)

I'm looking for direction on where I could take my wife and 2 girls shore fishing for carp? We've never targeted carp before so it will be a learning day as well as a fun day for the girls. I have no idea where to start but was thinking the park in Wasaga near the mouth may give us a chance at carp or even a kitty-fish! We live in Barrie so Simcoe to Georgian Bay is where we're looking.

Any direction is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks gang!

Jesse

Edited by kenzy31

Well the rain didn't really cooperate for us Sunday but we set out anyway to see what we could find. Our travels took us up Hwy 11 to Washago and we ended up at the town park. Perfect for the kids and we were content to just let them roam for awhile in their rain gear, playing in the slop!

We were next to the public launch with a great dock so we hung out there for awhile and got into a couple perch and a rock bass! The carp thing didn't work out but the kids had fun and it was a good day in the rain!!

Trying to attach pics from my cell, but not working. I'll try again later

Jesse

7D8E9F10-8C41-4EDF-B7DB-ED6F8BDA1838_zps

CC4BDBDD-0C21-4568-9511-85B8824DEAF4_zps

84849BF0-01FB-4646-8A22-7AE5AC51E364_zps

Edited by kenzy31

Nice Pics! Looks like everyone's having fun.

Good Job making the best of the weather. A while back my daughter said she couldn't go outside because it was raining. I said, don't worry, you won't melt. Well that attitude has taken off and she uses that line on me now. LOL