PA day #2

kickingfrog

My son had Friday as a PA day as well and I wanted to do something a little different for him. Decided on a trip to Georgian Bay to an area that we've never been to before but had heard good things. Up before day light and off we go. Drove through some rain and launch with-out actually being carried away but mosquitos. New water and much of it isn't marked well by my navi card (Time to check for an up-date) Rocks everywhere and grey skies meant I spent as much time watching my deapthfinder as I did for propbusters. We didn't do very well but it will be a trip we will do again but either earlier in the season or later when musky and bass are open. It was a little like looking for a needle in a needle stack. Everywhere looked like a good spot but since it was all good there wasn't any concentrations of fish, or at least that's what we did to explain away our lack of fish. :blush:

IMAG2010_zpsepjnbbjc.jpg

Little pike after a follow that wasn't quite a textbook figure 8 but he's getting the hang of it.

11415474_10153259179295546_2434051145151

It pored like-a-son-of-a-gun for about 15 minutes so he experienced his first donning/doffing of rain gear - 3 man routine while holding 3 trolling rods.

"Big" fish of the day

11426800_10153259179875546_9172830376625

Caught it on the replacement for this one that gave it's life so that I might enjoy a tug.

IMAG1998_zpsgwdicpfz.jpg

The 3 of us all had different days. I caught most of the pike and I was only one to get fish trolling. My brother only caught bass while casting (2 were real pigs). While Ryan had the lead in follows and hits right at the boat that made him more excited then when we actually had a fish in the boat.

Finished an 18 hour day with a burger, fries and onion rings eaten in the boat and he slept the sleep of an angler.

IMAG2011_zpsjne0j9wn.jpg

That meal cost more than the gasoline used in the boat and tow vehicle on the day. :wallbash:

And I wrote this this morning while sitting outside as he rode his bike like only a 6 year old can. Would have been nice to head out for musky opener but what can you do?

IMAG2012_zpsn52ito97.jpg

Edited by kickingfrog

That meal cost more than the gasoline used in the boat and tow vehicle on the day. :wallbash:

I have heard many grumblings about the cost of that place. I believe ya.

Great report Rob.

Dude, drop that ring. LOL

The burgers are good, and it is highway pricing but $34/35 for a kid's combo and 2 adult combos was steeper than I expected.

In all fairness I paid $7 for a bottled water and a steamed hotdog today at a Rugby game so maybe I need to complain more about how much I make instead of how much things cost. :dunno:

Drop that ring?

The burgers are good, and it is highway pricing but $34/35 for a kid's combo and 2 adult combos was steeper than I expected.

In all fairness I paid $7 for a bottled water and a steamed hotdog today at a Rugby game so maybe I need to complain more about how much I make instead of how much things cost. :dunno:

Drop that ring?

Did Central win?

As for the ring, it looked like the young lad wanted the ring his uncle had.LOL