Somethings missing me thinks???????

misfish

If it's the numbers you're referring to, then I wonder if someone was doing a photo shoot on the lake. If the manufacturer (or even a dealer) is doing photos for a catalogue or website, the boats never have numbers on them. You need to have the paperwork with you, and there's usually a manufacturer's number mounted on a board that you would normally place up on the dash. It's sort of like the boat equivalent of having a temporary permit in lieu of a license plate.

This is definitely the time of year for it. Most manufacturers are doing their 2016 brochure photography right now.

If it's the numbers you're referring to, then I wonder if someone was doing a photo shoot on the lake. If the manufacturer (or even a dealer) is doing photos for a catalogue or website, the boats never have numbers on them. You need to have the paperwork with you, and there's usually a manufacturer's number mounted on a board that you would normally place up on the dash. It's sort of like the boat equivalent of having a temporary permit in lieu of a license plate.

This is definitely the time of year for it. Most manufacturers are doing their 2016 brochure photography right now.

Or that, like auto dealer plates.

Perhaps a local marine dealer water testing it. I don't think registration numbers can be issued until it's purchased.

Perhaps, but only Stanley dealer, is up the hwy from here. GBAY.

Edited by Brian B

I understand what your saying. I seen 3 or more boats without them. Besides the stanley, the others were just pleasure boaters.

Up here they don't care whether your boat is registered or not.

Tons of boats with no numbers here.

Don't need one of those silly boaters cards either. :D

And drinking while boating is encouraged not frowned upon!!!! :whistling:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Up here they don't care whether your boat is registered or not.

Tons of boats with no numbers here.

Don't need one of those silly boaters cards either. :D

And drinking while boating is encouraged not frowned upon!!!! :whistling:

Thanks for the chuckle Dave.

If I remember correctly, as long as you have applied for a license you can use the boat.

I am pretty sure I had to wait for my license numbers for the Alumacraft that I bought in 1994.

It would make sense that there would be a few people still waiting for numbers for new boats that they purchased this spring.

Edited by JohnBacon

If I remember correctly, as long as you have applied for a license you can use the boat.

I am pretty sure I had to wait for my license numbers for the Alumacraft that I bought in 1994.

It would make sense that there would be a few people still waiting for numbers for new boats that they purchased this spring.

Thank you for a straight :canadian: answer John. Makes sence. I thought you were given a number and you went and bought the numbers and just put them on.

oh. I was gonna say downriggers and rod holders ?

Yes Rick, that too. LOL

Edited by Brian B