Best mom/pop diner on the way to Rice?

Heading out from the Barrie area, and just wondering if any of you guys have nailed that, "best", mom n pop diner, for the early morning fishing trip breakfast.

You know, that one with the greasy oven exhaust hangin over top the grills, as "paw" gets your order cookin, while "ma" pours you your cup of joe.

Suggestions guys?........

not sure what time they open up in the morning but T&D family restaurant @ rossland and garden, its a little hole in the wall with a small store front, but the staff are friendly and accomodating, and the food is pretty good as well. only place i know where you can get a 16oz burger with a full plate of fries!

That truck stop (Fifth Wheel) in Bowmanville, maybe your best bet for early service (open 24 hours) and convenience, assuming you are traveling the 401.

At the Thickson exit in Whitby there is the Halibut House, have a pretty good breakfast but open later than you might like (8am I think). Dine's on King Street in Oshawa opens at 7am, about 5 minutes north of the 401 at the Stevenson exit. http://dinesrestaurant.com/ . Wally's World in Oshawa is open 24 hours but a bit north of the 401 on Simcoe, south of Taunton. http://www.wallysworld.ca/index.html . There are a couple of places in Bewdley but not sure they open too early. Rhino's opens at 8am.

Edited by fishnsled

There is a small place in Roseneath on the west side of hwy 45 that my son and I used to have breakfast...sort of in the middle of town...there is a General Store north across the road and another General Store east across the highway...great sausages and eggs...