wkrp

I want to get into some serious musky trolling this season. I already have a abu 6500 and compre 7 foot rod for casting. I am looking at the st croix premier 8 foot rod for trolling . I have been researching line type and it seems that the all around favourite is big game mono in the 50# range with a leader.

Please chime in and let me know if I am on the right track. Most of my fishing is done on the French River.

I fish the Magnetawan about 20 mins south of the French. Been fishing there about 5yrs. I use 50lb braid with a 150lb mono leader(18in). Also spent the cash on Kevlar gloves, long needle nose pliers ( 16in ). Love having the musky cradle, makes it super easy to get it in the boat with less stress on fish. will be up there tues to fri all summer. :clapping:

My question was because for 45 dollars i could buy the fishing specific ones, anyone have any experience with the Kobalt 8 inch bolt cutters? I dont need professional line men pliers, yes they are going to work the best, but if 10 dollar bolt cutters will cut a hook then that is what i will work with

I knew that. Why do you think you get more bites by yourself with the bait running higher?

What I meant was the mono outfishes the braid in my experience when used equally...

So my obvious choice when fishing alone is mono...

I think there's a lot if confidence that helps...

I get more bites running 2 rods

Thanks to all for your input. I have decided on a st croix premier 8ft rd with a dawai sealine line counter reel, 100# power pro line . Now what are my options for leaders . This is getting pricey.