Canadian Consensus

blaque

... My favorite team the Mtl Canadians, have gone European. They play like Europeans. Their Captain is European. Ive seen some horrible Trades and draft pick go for Europeans or that possible popular Franco.

Most of are Canadian teams are employing more Europeans than ever. It must be because they're cheaper is the only thing I could think of.

Maybe, just maybe, the Habs are on to something there. 2 big contributors to the Ducks success in these playoffs have been Giguere (a Francophone) and Pahlsson (a Swede). Hmmmmm

A good hockey player is a good hockey player is a good hockey player regardless of where his momma popped him out into this world.

Unfortunatly Hockey is going the way of everything else Canadian, just look at the way the games are now being played, the Canadian game is being fazed out, for a softer euro form of ringette, I have been to games all across this country and in the states, and the one thing that is so evident nothing and I mean nothing gets the crowd going like a good old fashion bruhaha, and until they kill our game completly the teams with the highest Canadian content will continue to win the cup. As far as chearing for a team just because they reside in Canada, how can any self respecting fan of any sport all of a sudden put aside the passion ( or Hatred) of a team they cheer against all year or a life time time for that matter and turn around and say I need to cheer for them because they are a Canadian team( Shame on you if you can do that)eg. could a leaf fan really cheer for the habs under any circumstances,not if their a true leaf fan, I grew up out west and am a Flames fan, and boy I tell you what no way in the world could I ever cheer for Edmonton.

Oh ya i forgot when Edmonton plays Montreal the only thing I cheer for is that the roof collapses, lol

Edited by fliptheslop

As per usual all the intelligent Leaf fans are out with so many intelligent comments.What exactly does Alfredsson have to do to get any form of respect ? Leading scorer in the playoffs,has shown tonnnes of heart and great leadership.What team are you guys watching or is the blue so blinding in your eyes that you are not even capable of seeing reality? Your opinions are ridiculous !! Get over the Alfredsson Sundin incident in the playoffs a few years ago.All i care about is that we have gotten farther than Toronto has in a very long time!!! We are by far the better team and will only continue to get better and if we don't win it this year we will win in the next couple of years it is just a matter of time !!!AND FOR THE RECORD OTTAWA HAS 14 CANADIAN PLAYERS so get your facts staright before you start making stupid comments.Every time i hear a Leaf fan take a jab at the Sens all i have to remember is that you guys are so JEALOUS that it is forcing you to embarass yourself on a public forum because anybody with half a brain knows that none of your arguments hold any water!! Lastly did anyone hear Kelly Hrudey say that he actually liked that shot Alfie took at Niedermyer ? Scotty is one of the dirtiest players in the league and deservered that shot ,the only thing i wish is that he had hit him in the head !!!(KINDA LIKE JANSEN ON KABERLE PRICELESS)

Lastly did anyone hear Kelly Hrudey say that he actually liked that shot Alfie took at Niedermyer ?

Yah...but Kelly was a shi tty goaly and an even worse commentator....so what he says don't hold much water for me.

That stunt gave the Ducks that extra bite to win Monday...and they'll do the same thing in game 5

Puckhead, i was confused when i saw your avatar, yet you seemed to be down on the sens. Then i looked closer and saw it was a sens netminder with a puck behind him LOL. Ive never noticed that before, i always caught it at a glimpse and thought you were a fan lol.

hahaha - maybe that's why those Ottawa guys have been so nice to me, they think I'm a sens fan...hahaha...

I don't hate the sens. The captain of any team defines it IMO and I just have never, ever liked alfreddson, ergo, I don't like the sens...

Habs deserve all the respect in the world - they are the yankees of hockey and will alwasy have a leaf fans respect. Sens on the other hand, not a chance, at least not until Alfie is long gone... If it aint the leafs, go habs...

The funny thing is though, if the it were the leafs in the finals, do you honestly think any of us leaf fans would give a crap what a sens fan was thinking or saying? You guys take this stuff way too personally. Alfie is a crap leader. Niedermeyer is a solid leader. Ducks win the cup. Sens ain't going to win the cup with Bozo the clown at the helm. And this year was clearly the year to do it. The sens have some cap trouble coming up in the off season and someone has to go. My money is on Alfredsson hitting the road.

Maybe not Puckhead...I don't think the organization really cares what the fans think of Alredsson, they care about winning games and he certainly has had a hand in that over the entire season.

He is an idiot, but an idiot that can shoot, pass, and skate very well.

Tony

in the pre-seas.. i mean 'regular' season.

Agreed, but you can't shine in the post-season if you don't make it there either...

P.S. Don't confuse me with an actual Sens fan, that's embarassing :lol:, just playing devils advocate a bit.

Tony

Guest mistyriver1
As per usual all the intelligent Leaf fans are out with so many intelligent comments.What exactly does Alfredsson have to do to get any form of respect ? Leading scorer in the playoffs,has shown tonnnes of heart and great leadership.What team are you guys watching or is the blue so blinding in your eyes that you are not even capable of seeing reality? Your opinions are ridiculous !! Get over the Alfredsson Sundin incident in the playoffs a few years ago.All i care about is that we have gotten farther than Toronto has in a very long time!!! We are by far the better team and will only continue to get better and if we don't win it this year we will win in the next couple of years it is just a matter of time !!!AND FOR THE RECORD OTTAWA HAS 14 CANADIAN PLAYERS so get your facts staright before you start making stupid comments.Every time i hear a Leaf fan take a jab at the Sens all i have to remember is that you guys are so JEALOUS that it is forcing you to embarass yourself on a public forum because anybody with half a brain knows that none of your arguments hold any water!! Lastly did anyone hear Kelly Hrudey say that he actually liked that shot Alfie took at Niedermyer ? Scotty is one of the dirtiest players in the league and deservered that shot ,the only thing i wish is that he had hit him in the head !!!(KINDA LIKE JANSEN ON KABERLE PRICELESS)

Well specktacklure, I think you've given Blaque his answer on why the rest of Canada doesn't cheer for the Sens.

Agreed, but you can't shine in the post-season if you don't make it there either...

P.S. Don't confuse me with an actual Sens fan, that's embarassing :lol: , just playing devils advocate a bit.

Tony

He's got a ton of skill, no question. One of the top players in the game from the perspective. He isn't a leader. Not by a long shot. You can't have your captain pulling up on back checks and firing pucks at other players. Your captain can't cost you 2 games in the finals. Alfie is a top line winger, nothing more, nothing less. That C shoud be torn off his sweater. I was reading Ottawa sports writers are now blaming Emery for not stealing a game??? what the hell? You guys want Raycroft? I would kill to have Emery on the leafs roster right now...

Edited by Puckhead

I'm a Sens fan as well...so take it easy specktacklure. Sit back and relax and watch the Sens game tonight. If they lose....know that they lost to the better team. Changes will be coming. I actually hope they make Fisher the captain and trade alfie. He is not getting any younger and basically cost his team game 4. It was a bonehead move in game 4 and a bonehead move in the Sabres game with the Tallinder hit. It is..what it is.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

SEE THE REALITY OF THESE THREADS AS WELL IS THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS STARTED BY TORONTO FANS.YOU NEVER SEE AN OTTAWA FAN START A THREAD LIKE THIS .THIS THREAD WAS SIMPLY STARTED TO STIR THE POT AND IT IS OBVIOUS THAT SOME OF THE MORE SENIOR PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD REFUSE TO STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE AND ONLY FEED THE FIRE.THIS IS A FISHING BOARD NOT A TRASH OTTAWA SENATORS BOARD SO EITHER PULL THE THREADS OR DEAL WITH ALL THE BACKLASH.WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ALL THE OTTAWA FANS TO SAY OR DO ALL WE DO IS DEFEND OUR TEAM WHEN WE HAVE BEEN BY THE FAR THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS(yes except the playoffs i"ll give you that one but still better than toronto !!).JEALOUSY REIGNS SUPREME AND I FEEL SAFE KNOWING THAT I WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WONDERING WHETHER TO CHEER FOR TORONTO IN THE FINALS BECAUSE REALISTICLY IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.THIS BOARD HAS LOST ALL MY RESPECT AFTER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS.iT IS OBVIOUS MOST OF THE MODERATORS ON THIS BOARD ARE FROM TORONTO ...YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. :wallbash: