I'm confused

lew

I don't want Canada to become a place like our neighbours to the south where everyone lives in fear and everyone thinks they need to carry a gun everywhere they go. Trust me, I'm definitely not anti-gun, but I also think guns as self defense is a really poorly thought out idea.

I never said anything about everyone living in fear and needing to carry guns and I certainly made no mention of the USA. I said soldiers are now a target and if their gonna carry a gun at least put bullets in them.

Someone must think what their doing may be dangerous if their paying police to stand beside them for protection.

Yes, and I also said the soldiers should be the ones who are armed and not need the police protection.

My apologies, I missed where you said that.

Edited by lew

I believe these men should be armed.

I also believe miltary off duty should be allowed concealed carry.

Police can't even conceal carry and you think someone from the military should be able to? The military training isn't even close to what our police go through..

Police can't even conceal carry and you think someone from the military should be able to? The military training isn't even close to what our police go through..

Ok Ill bend, abit(pulled a muscle in my abdomen the other day?)

Open carry would be fine.

And im not too sure about that training bill? Is there a provincial or federal standard? I ask, one because I honestly dont know, and two, cops around here dont seem too well trained. A few of my friends are police and even they laugh at some of the training.

But I guess when I think about it deeper, especially with all the mental trauma as of late, police and military, id second guess my comment.

Edited by manitoubass2

Here's a personal example of homeland security paranoia gone too far.

My Dad, white, 71 years old going to pick up my Mom from Buffalo airport a month ago.

At the border, pulled out of his car, hand cuffed, legs kicked apart to be searched, back of his head wacked so his forehead hits the wall, sits in a cell for 2 hours, SUV torn apart, then turned back and not allowed to cross, no explanation.

We're not perfect up here but they can keep that crap south of the border.

Yes military personnel are well trained for battle situations; kill or be killed. They are not trained as an individual but as a part of a unit; a unit that follows orders to the tee. So now lets send this one well trained soldier (who hasn't scratched his ass without permission for years) out, in the public with a loaded gun. Their last official order was, protest yourself if you feel threatened; I wonder how that would play out?????

Dan.

You really have no clue about military training, do you. We don't have jar heads here for one.