Whadddaya Know

bigugli

Here I sit in Thorold watching the snow fall. Apparently winter is not done with us yet. Good thing we finished harvesting the last of the pussy willows back at the beginning of the week. Now we can focus on the seedlings on our nice warm grow benches and get the grow house all sealed up.

Next week I hunt for crappie.

Here I sit in Thorold watching the snow fall. Apparently winter is not done with us yet. Good thing we finished harvesting the last of the pussy willows back at the beginning of the week. Now we can focus on the seedlings on our nice warm grow benches and get the grow house all sealed up.

Next week I hunt for crappie.

Just curious Bruce. What do you do with the pussy willows? And next week crappie fishing? Will you need an auger...lol

Just curious Bruce. What do you do with the pussy willows? And next week crappie fishing? Will you need an auger...lol

The pussy willow stems go to the flower auction.

As for crappie. A couple of my early spots are already almost clear of ice.

Is that a real thing? :tease::tease:

The auction or "clock" is a Dutch system that has been in place in Toronto around 50 years. It brings flowers direct to the wholesale buyers without the need to have 2-300 small scale growers going from shop to shop selling their crops

At one time large enough to be sole North American distributor of indoor potted flowers to Lowes USA, and one of a handful of nationwide distributors to Home Depot USA. That was back when our dollar was below $.70 US