Any meat smokers out there?

Rattletrap2

All this smoker talk......I'm thawing a brisket.image.jpg1_zpsksrihabl.jpg

Looks nice! Hard to find Brisket unless you go to a butcher....and then they want an insane price for what was considered a poor cut of meat. Supply and demand!

Edited by Rattletrap2

I built this propane smoker out of an old steel interior fridge and have used it to cook everything from cookies (no smoke) to veggies to 30lb chunks of pork. The double wall construction and insulation makes it hold heat very well so winter smoking isn't an issue and it'll easily maintain 400 f.

SDC10129_zpsa18fb371.jpg

I have a ton of aged apple wood so I use it for everything, including salmon this weekend.

Can we see an interior photo? Looks interesting! Thanks

You don't know me very well LOL. Our door is always open and we can always find room for one more at the table. The soup might get watered down a little more and the bread sliced a little thinner, you might get handed an apron or a towel (or a hammer depending on what is going on at the time) but friends and family are what we enjoy the most. :)

OMG please don't water down that fantastic garlic soup you make, it would be a real sin ! ! ! :)

Looks nice! Hard to find Brisket unless you go to a butcher....and then they want an insane price for what was considered a poor cut of meat. Supply and demand!

I agree 100%...........same thing happened with chicken wings. They now cost more then chicken breast and only a few years ago they were practically giving them away.

That was the one the son bought last year on sale at TSC for $150. I like the fact you can use either propane or charcoal for your heat source. I like the propane when doing fish, chicken or jerky. Charcoal is my preference when cooking thick, heavier slabs of red meat.

OMG please don't water down that fantastic garlic soup you make, it would be a real sin ! ! ! :)

Oh no, on that one, the bowls just get a little smaller LOL and in a pinch I can always whip up a batch of French Onion soup followed by an apple crisp for desert.

Oh no, on that one, the bowls just get a little smaller LOL and in a pinch I can always whip up a batch of French Onion soup followed by an apple crisp for desert.

I stole your french onion soup recipe via top secret methods.

Its unreal good!

In fact it was requested by the wife for her birthday a few weeks back?

Salad shrimp, baby scalops tossed very lightly in butter just hot enough that it doesn't smoke for about 90 seconds then added to the cream of roasted garlic soup.....oh never mind now you know why I am called Big Cliff. Oh how I wish it was for another reason :wub:

Salad shrimp, baby scalops tossed very lightly in butter just hot enough that it doesn't smoke for about 90 seconds then added to the cream of roasted garlic soup.....oh never mind now you know why I am called Big Cliff. Oh how I wish it was for another reason :wub:

I forget who even gave me the recipes of yours?

We tried I think 4 maybe 5 different dishes cliff and they are all very very very good!

As are yours my friend. I drool every time I look at some of your creations.

I was just showing some of them to Sue last night and she looked at me and said "I didn't realize that these guys were chefs?" I just said "or something"!

This is without a doubt one of the best threads we have ever had on here, everyone helping each other without compitition.