Question for the Hyunadi and KIA drivers launching boats

tb4me

Good choice!

I thought so Bill..300 hp AWD v6..Took one for a test drive and drove the crap out of it..lol Lets just say I didn't want the one I test drove...lol I could smell the new exhaust when I brought it back to the dealer. I love the transmission on them..6 speed that you can shift yourself..We shall see how things go..Now im looking at goodies to dress it up a little..We opted in for the Ex model, leather and heated everything for $1000 more..Coudnt go wrong for about 30 extra options..I just don't understand how the heck they can build them so cheap..That same CUV at ford or Chev would have been closer to 60k financed sadly..Our auto makers are in big trouble if this keeps up

The EX trim package is nice. My FIL just bought the same model in a really nice burgundy colour (love the different paint options Kia offers, compared to their competition) leather, heated seats all around etc etc...

One little feature we really liked are the retractable rear window screens.... Perfect for when you have little kids! They retract into the door! A handy little extra on those sunny days.

All in all I think you made a good choice.... Albeit I'm biased as I am a Kia Sorrento owner.

Enjoy your new ride! Add a few pics to this thread once you take possession

G

The EX trim package is nice. My FIL just bought the same model in a really nice burgundy colour (love the different paint options Kia offers, compared to their competition) leather, heated seats all around etc etc...

One little feature we really liked are the retractable rear window screens.... Perfect for when you have little kids! They retract into the door! A handy little extra on those sunny days.

All in all I think you made a good choice.... Albeit I'm biased as I am a Kia Sorrento owner.

Enjoy your new ride! Add a few pics to this thread once you take possession

G

Funny you mention this about the window screens..My daughter found them after the test drive she pulled it out and I thought she had broken something..lol But ya for $1000 more why not get the extras..

We rented a Kia Optima a few years ago, and have since rented a few sonatas, a vw Passat, and a BMW 328 this past weekend. The Kia was by far the best of the bunch with tons of options and pretty comfortable with amazing gas mileage.

Great choice! Enjoy!

We rented a Kia Optima a few years ago, and have since rented a few sonatas, a vw Passat, and a BMW 328 this past weekend. The Kia was by far the best of the bunch with tons of options and pretty comfortable with amazing gas mileage.

Great choice! Enjoy!

BMW and Kia should not be mentioned in the same sentence....LOL

Not joking, but I would take a Kia optima over a BMW 3 series anyday. :tease: oops I did it again! lol

Out of warranty I would rather have the kia but in warranty a BMW is an amazing vehicle, I worked at Budds in Hamilton for a couple years and my brother has been a tech there for almost 10 now... The drive is incomparable to a kia haha.

I test drove a bunch before getting my Tucson (essentially a kia anyway) and think you must be on drugs to want a kia over a BMW, lol

lol no not doing drugs. definitely if there was a good warranty I would take the BMW as well, but buying a new one with warranty is out of the question considering the price tag on them. I work on my own cars, and I heard from BMW owners that BMWs can be a pain to work on and expensive. I wouldn't buy a older kia though. Out of the newer ones, definitely would only consider a new optima SX.

PS, I am actually a Volvo guy. Volvo for life! :thumbsup_anim:

I would love to see all these cars and what bots kias & all that that say "oh ya rated for 3,000lbs" and all that acually pull that much !!!! Lol ... Pulling it is one thing stopping it is another !!! Most of the tow weights are grossly over rated !!! And with short wheelbases I would like to see some of these pull a 3,000lb boat to Sudbury or somewhere uphill not just 20km to a boat launch along the 401 !!!! Lol ....and then see how much they can handle !!!! Most people have no idea when it comes to weights & towing !!!! Too funny

• 3 weeks later...

Well sorry it took so long but here she is..It really has been an amazing CUV .. We did a 800 km trip last weekend and spend a whopping 60 bucks on gas.. Thebig red Ram would have cost $150.00 so its a nice change..

IMG_20150406_192011_zpsrylzp3jo.jpg

IMG_20150406_192025_zpsxianhzyj.jpg

Edited by tb4me

Thanks folks..if someone told me a year ago id would have bought a new Korean car I would have laughed at them..My advise to anyone seriously doubting them I recommend asking around ( no real negative feedback) and taking one for a test drive..See for yourselves..

I thought so Bill..300 hp AWD v6..Took one for a test drive and drove the crap out of it..lol Lets just say I didn't want the one I test drove...lol I could smell the new exhaust when I brought it back to the dealer. I love the transmission on them..6 speed that you can shift yourself..We shall see how things go..Now im looking at goodies to dress it up a little..We opted in for the Ex model, leather and heated everything for $1000 more..Coudnt go wrong for about 30 extra options..I just don't understand how the heck they can build them so cheap..That same CUV at ford or Chev would have been closer to 60k financed sadly..Our auto makers are in big trouble if this keeps up

Congrats. I helped my parents buy a Sorento. Bottom end V6AWD version. Its been great and I love driving it when I get the chance. I have a BMW X5 and have had it since new. My X5 handels nicely if you run it like a its a sports car. But in nornal driving, that Sorento drives every bit as nicely and has just as much power as the X5, and their repair experience has ben WAY better than mine. A brake light switch and the one other minor thing I can't recall. I am spending about $4K per year on repairs on my X5 every year since the warrranty expired. On the Sorento I do find the throtttle a bit touchy. There was a TSB that the dealer did to lessen the throttle response a bit, but its still a bit quick. You get used to it, but its still a bit quick for my liking.

Edited by Canuck