What's your favourite....

I don't think there's anything I enjoy more in bass fishing then tossing jerkbaits, I've always used Rapalas (mostly husky's and x-raps) but last year I experimented a bit with storm which was ok but I'm not a fan of the paint jobs, I also played around with some of the Daiwa stuff and was actually quite impressed considering the price of around 5 bucks. But this year I really want to get serious with all of my lures and am looking to stock a decent sized box with higher end stuff. Right now I'm considering the Megabass Vision 110's and Ito Shiners, Luckycraft Pointers and Jackall Squad Minnow, I'm going to check out some of the new Rapala baits once they hit the shelves too. Since I don't have experience with any of these I was just curious what you guys think of them?

Thanks,

Chris

The 110 is my favorite jerkbait on the market by far. They just flat out produce, nothing against the others mentioned, they produce as well, but there's something special to me about the 110s. Just my 0.02

I've used just about every type of jerkbait on the market and they all catch fish! There are always situations that one works better than another! Often it really comes down to person who is throwing it! I am a big fan of Japanese jerkbaits, all of them Lucky Craft, Megabass, OSP, Jackall and so on. I really like the Lucky Crafts because they have the widest selection of jerkbaits on the market. They have shallow diving, deep diving, extra deep diving, suspending, all sizes and amazing colour patterns. I have used them to win numerous tournaments, both bass & pike events!

Since Lucky Crafts arrived in North American, domestic jerkbait have greatly improved but I still believe that I can do more things with Lucky Crafts and catch more fish with them! I truly believe that with this style of bait that you get what you pay for.

2014%20SM-Lake%20Ontario-LC-002-E_zpsuwb

Edited by David Chong

Stick baits and cranks certainly work but I hate when the back trebles hookem in the sides and eyes when they jump.

Nothin like a single hook.

Thats a good point.

Every bass ive deep hooked and had to keep was on stick baits.

Nothing worse then when they inhale the whole bait.

They all have their time and place.

In general, when the water is really cold, I prefer to use Husky Jerks and Smithwick Rogues.( using longer pauses and slower twitches )

When the water warms up a bit moving into summer and early fall I prefer to use the more eratic Lucky Crafts, X raps, and Megabass ( using fast rips and hard twitches )