The Smitty,it served me well.

misfish

Before I made this Smitty,( my first) I seen a lot of them out on the ice the last couple of years. After this first year of having it,I cant believe I didnt have one before. It held all my gear that I needed for my days outing. Heater,finder,shovel,auger,drill and hub and of course,my fighting sticks.

It served me well I must say. The only mishap was the one ski broke off when towed by the yamadoo. Was not surprised,as it was built to be pulled by walking, not meant to be banged off snow drifts at warp speed. LOL. With the new rebuild,it is solid now to be towed with ease.

march14 15 011g.jpg

I know the new owner will get alot of fun out of it next season and seasons beyond.

SMITTY 001f.jpg

SMITTY 003f.jpg

We still got a bit of time for some perching and pike. I cant wait til I get my new one built.

Been a fun ice season .

march14 15 003f.jpg

Edited by Brian B

Dave,it,s 1.750.

Rob yes,along with the tow bar.

I cant keep everything in my truck, 12 months of the year.LOL Condo living will do that to ya. :wallbash:

It,s ok bud,you were built for speed. :clapping::tease:

Edited by Brian B

So you're making a new one every fall? You should take some orders. It might only take you twice as long to make 4 as 1.

No,my next one is something Im thinking about doing a production run.

I see that there was a dragons den thing here in Barrie a week or so ago. To bad I didnt know about it.

My next one is way different. If you missed it,I call it a ,smitty in a bag. Just working on how to get it in a bag.LOL Well I do,but need to find a supplier.

Always thinking, but no money to make it happen.LOL

Ya I seen a lot of them. Even guys leaving stuff behind. Are they all in that much of a hurry to get home? Im not.LOL

Thanks

Now that I know what a smitty is, I think I built one in the 80s sort of. It was blue box bolted to skiis and it wasn't raised. I only used it to carry wood to the hut. pulled with a snowmobile. Never had tow bar, went all owner the place when empty on the way back lol

Nice build Brian.