Beer and wine sales in Ontario NF well kinda!

Headhunter

i enjoy beer, wine, and scotch.

i agree, beer often does pair with food easier than wine does.

for me, a nice stout beer before dinner, than a glass of full bodied cab with my meal, followed by a dram of aged single malt to wash it all down is heaven in my mind.

Edited by Steve

It's actually the 5 closest stores, not 3. I'm sure Walmart or some other large grocery chain won't charge them money to carry their product though....oh wait, they won't even carry their product because there's no money in it. They'll carry carling, coors light, Canadian, bud, etc... You know, things that actually sell.

You can feel sorry for small breweries all you like but the fact is most people buy the popular beer and stick with it, small business are pretty much death in today's market. What needs to be done is more marketing towards beer as not just a summer beverage to get drunk on but as a very wide range of favours and styles. Wine is thought of as a great drink paired with certain foods but beer actually pairs better with food than wine does. Drinking from the proper style glasses that match the kind of beer would eliminate much of the "beer isn't classy like wine" kind of mentality.

Just curious,do you work in the beer industry?

yup, if one isn't smart enough to stock up on your favourite amber or malt, and you have to get some NOW, then I think you have to manage your time better and no way in he - double hockey sticks will prices go down. That's just a pipe dream. If anything, I can see prices going up. Wife and I keep enough liquor in the house that we don't worry about running out ;) unless company shows up...

Edited by woodenboater