A Little Play And A Lot Of Work

DRIFTER_016

Spent the weekend playing around @ my lease.

Hauled a bunch of lumber up the hill that I already had on site. I took a little video from my sled of the trip from truck to lease and back with the drive up the trail I cut in last year.

Had to bring in water to hose down the trail in spots to get it to firm up enough so I won't spin the track when hauling a load. Did the top end yesterday with 15 gallons of water spread using a watering can and it worked great. Didn't spin out there today even with a full load of 6x6's.

The video

I managed to get my beams up the hill solo but I must say a 16' 8x8 pressure treated beam is not light at all.

11050192_1102533313106340_25927444293108

It's a lot harder to back up a loaded komatik than it is to back up a trailer. :)

10403059_1102533616439643_62393786295651

Digging out the 6x6's

10999579_1102533613106310_75923306569946

11025189_1102533753106296_51778275767501

This cabin building thing is putting a damper on the relaxing part of living.

But where there's a building in place I will be sitting back on the deck looking out @ the lake and be smiling ear to ear, :D

Planning to spend 5 or 6 weeks out there this summer working on the shell of the building.

Nice to look forward to, we live right on the lake and it's going to be tough to move away some day. After last winter and getting buried here with constant lake effect squalls I just about had enough. Even had an agent out to do an appraisal. Before I knew it is was April and had the BBQ fired and walking down to the beach catching 25 pound plus Carp. I forgot all about listing it until the first water line froze last month due to my stupidity. You will love it Dave. I see you say "lease" if I'm not being too nosey how does that work? There is a community just east of us where they are on yearly leases. They have to be away from the cottages for any 6 months a year. All the services are up to the residence to arrange and pay for. The hydro infrastructure and telephone service is provided by the owner as well as road maintenance in summer. I calculated the lease cost per year would be the property tax rate if the cottage owner would pay if they owned the land.

Nice to look forward to, we live right on the lake and it's going to be tough to move away some day. After last winter and getting buried here with constant lake effect squalls I just about had enough. Even had an agent out to do an appraisal. Before I knew it is was April and had the BBQ fired and walking down to the beach catching 25 pound plus Carp. I forgot all about listing it until the first water line froze last month due to my stupidity. You will love it Dave. I see you say "lease" if I'm not being too nosey how does that work? There is a community just east of us where they are on yearly leases. They have to be away from the cottages for any 6 months a year. All the services are up to the residence to arrange and pay for. The hydro infrastructure and telephone service is provided by the owner as well as road maintenance in summer. I calculated the lease cost per year would be the property tax rate if the cottage owner would pay if they owned the land.

Currently the leases are very cheap @ $150/year.

They were done through the Feds until last fall when the territorial govt. took over land administration.

It is my guess that at some point we will be able to buy out our leases and have deeded land. They did that with a section of leased land last year. We will see what if anything happens with taxes when and if that happens. These are off grid properties so water, sewer, power are all the lease owners responsibility.

Like it , can't wait to see this project advance over the next 6 months . I can see the picture now Dave , you sitting on your deck with a cold beverage in hand

looking over the lake at sunset and saying "cheers everyone , I did it" :clapping:

We are low on snow compared to most years.

I would guess it's knee deep out on the lake. There are spots on the lease that are waist deep and a few spots where it's less than a foot.

I've been running the trail for a few weeks making sure it's nicely packed from the ice road to the property as I will be hauling a ton of lumber out there shortly. I just dropped $11K on lumber @ lunch today. It is supposed to be delivered to my house tomorrow.

Then I have to load it on my buddies trailer and we'll cart it out to the lease.

I just dropped $11K on lumber @ lunch today. It is supposed to be delivered to my house tomorrow.

Coincidence?

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2015/03/10/police-looking-for-stolen-trailer

INNISFIL – A trailer full of lumber is missing from a Thomas Street business after a theft early Monday morning.

South Simcoe police say a transport truck and the trailer were stolen at 2:30 a.m. The truck, which has a GPS unit, was abandoned at 4:30 a.m. in Milton.

The 48-foot trailer had Ontario licence plate F83 60N and was covered with two large Muskoka Transport tarps.

Halton Regional police examined the truck and collected forensic evidence.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call South Simcoe police at 905-775-3311 or 705-436-2141 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Coincidence?

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2015/03/10/police-looking-for-stolen-trailer

INNISFIL – A trailer full of lumber is missing from a Thomas Street business after a theft early Monday morning.

South Simcoe police say a transport truck and the trailer were stolen at 2:30 a.m. The truck, which has a GPS unit, was abandoned at 4:30 a.m. in Milton.

The 48-foot trailer had Ontario licence plate F83 60N and was covered with two large Muskoka Transport tarps.

Halton Regional police examined the truck and collected forensic evidence.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call South Simcoe police at 905-775-3311 or 705-436-2141 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

:whistling: