Looking for a trailer park

Can_38

Unfortunately my inlaws have found themselves in a rough patch and need to sell their farm. To eliminate any potential issues they need to remove their older (1980 something) but in great shape trailer off the property.

I thought to help them out I'd take it off there hands if I could find a park that will accept an older model trailer.

Anyone know or recommend a park? I'd prefer for maximum value to not travel any further then 2 hours from Whitby.

Tons of trailer parks here in Quinte. I would start Googling and making calls. A lot of resorts also have permanent/semi permanent trailer sections... Perfectvu immediately comes to mind.

I know there are several here in the Brighton area around Barcovan... Names escape me however.... As I don't visit them.... But they are there, well within your 2 hours of Whitby and some great fishing to be had.

G

Most parks do not accept a trailer more than 10 years old. That said, it does not hurt to ask. You have all of the Kawarthas within an hour and a half of you. Quinte is about two hours away as well. Honey Harbour, the Muskokas, etc.... your bigest issue is the age of it. But it never hurts to call around and ask.

Most parks do not accept a trailer more than 10 years old. That said, it does not hurt to ask. You have all of the Kawarthas within an hour and a half of you. Quinte is about two hours away as well. Honey Harbour, the Muskokas, etc.... your bigest issue is the age of it. But it never hurts to call around and ask.

That i did not know! As when I see these parks most of the trailers look run down..... Makes sense to have an year limit

G

I know the age will narrow my search, hence the help from fellow board members.

Although many trailer parks will have that 10 year age restriction, most will allow a real nice older trailer in. Always contact the park your interested in and tell them it's in new like condition. They will probably ask you to send them a photo of said trailer.

This 10 year rule is to keep the JUNK trailers from taking over the park, not to actually prevent older trailer owners from enjoying their park.

Although many trailer parks will have that 10 year age restriction, most will allow a real nice older trailer in. Always contact the park your interested in and tell them it's in new like condition. They will probably ask you to send them a photo of said trailer.

This 10 year rule is to keep the JUNK trailers from taking over the park, not to actually prevent older trailer owners from enjoying their park.

MisterG,

Another point on this matter is that some trailer parks are also heavily into the "New" trailer sales business. Hence, the restriction on age. They prefer to keep their precious sites to sell new trailers to put on them.

If you are looking for a basic spot, no power, no water, then try Snookies in Shannonville. On the BOQ, has a canteen, showers, great people. Been there for years now. Just set up a water tank, a sewage storage and set to go.

Regards

MisterG,

Another point on this matter is that some trailer parks are also heavily into the "New" trailer sales business. Hence, the restriction on age. They prefer to keep their precious sites to sell new trailers to put on them.

Good point, but I'm sure that is the exception as most if not all the places I have been to are not in the trailer business.

Good to hear you found a place and your gonna be in some beautiful country.

We had trailers in a park north of Peterboro for 36 years and made alot of fantastic friends and for the most part, it was a great time.