Anyone have Cable Cable phone service

Entropy

Again we are having problems with no dial tone and static on our Bell land line. Bell tries to fix it but I honestly feel the lines down our road are old and in need of replacement. I'm sure I've seen them before when the road was graded last. Anyways the techs keep switching the line we are on that comes down the road, but we are on our ... 3rd or 4th line and still have bad static. The techs say it is not a problem on the house side, and try to fix.

Regardless. I am a Cable Cable customer for their 'through the air' 'tower to tower' internet, an am wondering if anyone here has their internet telephone service that also runs 'tower to tower'.

Are you happy with the quality? clarity? reliability? and cost?

Thanks in advance.

Entropy

Had their wireless and was pretty pleased with it then they ran cable down our street and we were able to get higher speed for less money and it is even better than the wireless. If you are happy with the internet service you should be happy with the phone too, I know we are!

The main reason I have hesitated switching my phone to Cable Cable is if the power goes out then you end up with no computer, no TV nor no phone...besides I would need another remote phone for the garage...but the $99.99 plus taxes price tag looks appealing vs the $149.67 I'm putting out monthly...Not sure if there is an installation charge for a phone...

The main reason I have hesitated switching my phone to Cable Cable is if the power goes out then you end up with no computer, no TV nor no phone...besides I would need another remote phone for the garage...but the $99.99 plus taxes price tag looks appealing vs the $149.67 I'm putting out monthly...Not sure if there is an installation charge for a phone...

Alot of these units come with a battery backup. I would call to verify.

People still have land line phones in 2015? I thought they went the way of the dodo bird? :dunno: For around 1/3 the cost of having a land line you could likely add unlimited calling to your cell phone and never have to worry about the land line again...

People still have land line phones in 2015? I thought they went the way of the dodo bird? :dunno: For around 1/3 the cost of having a land line you could likely add unlimited calling to your cell phone and never have to worry about the land line again...

Some remote areas don't get a great signal. I know that my cottage up at the Bruce gets no signal so a landline is mandatory

I want to keep our land line for emergencies, so me or my young kids can dial 911 and not have to speak our location, also for our security system, and it works our cheaper for us to have unlimited long distance on our land line than it does on both cell phones.

Bell came out again today and switched the lines we are on.

Here's hoping this one works.

Hmmm, just used the phone, this line is better, but there is still some static. What are the odds Bell will put new lines down our road?

Was talking to a buddy of mine [in Muskoka on a back road], turns out he had the same problem with static and dial tone, techs kept coming out switching the line they were on, but still static, then for years they and others on their road were asking for new lines. He gave up and now they are just running 2 cell phones.

He figures Bell is letting the lines go and don't care if their customers go to cell phones. I guess at some point if you don't have enough customers on a line it's not worth the investment/repairs. Heck they still have you (often) when you go to cells only.

I think I'd go with Cable Cable before going to cell only.

Good Times, eh.

Entropy

Not sure about "Cable Cable" (is that sort of a cable equivalent to "Pizza Pizza?") but we've had our land line on cable for a while now. Works totally fine, and costs half what Bell was charging.

It came as part of a TV/internet bundle. Never had a worry about power outages, since we still have multiple cell phones.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

" A lot of these units come with a battery backup. I would call to verify. " Thanks Gerritt...(at lest I'm not asking for bail money this time...) The only units we have with a back-up battery is Maribeth's cell phone and lap-top computer...If the power goes out then we could use the cell but only play off-line computer games with the lap-top... Another goodie with the bundle is free rental of the HD box ($14.99 per mo.)and free installation...

Edited by Beans

This might be off the mark, but I'll jump in here.

Because I change locations every six months, I use a pair of Magic Jacks.

One has an Ontario number for my home folks, and one an Arizona number.

I only need the one, but it's convenient for my US friends if they don't have to call a Canadian number to reach me.

These units plugs into my computer. I need a high-speed connection, but the units let me call anywhere in the US or Canada. I pay about $40.00 a year per unit for unlimited calling.