Super Bowl 49, who do you like and what will you munch on?

Old Ironmaker

That is the only way the "Browns" ever go to the Super Bowl is someone buys them tickets. I believe they are one of four teams that never made it to the Super Bowl.

The other way for the Browns to win a Super Bowl is to pack the equipment up in the dead of night and move the team to Baltimore and then win 2 rings, again.

Teams that have never been to the Super Bowl, Browns, Lions, Texans and Jaguars. Got to love Google.

The rest of you fans of the No Fun League enjoy your Sunday. Not a fan, but I'll say this, that Seattle/Green Bay game was one of the most amazing games I've ever seen. Personally I think Seattle will win and by a lot. I'll find out myself Monday morning. :)

Food wise, it has nothing to do with the game but I just grabbed a mammoth prime rib roast from Costco for Sunday. Will give it a good rubdown with my secret blend of spices then cook it on the grill over indirect heat for a couple hours. ;)

pork shoulder roast... Got the idea from my moms cousin who's a personal chef and does catering... He posted a video and I've been thinking of it since

My father use to make us Pork & Dumplings (he was as German as could be).......so good....did it about the same way but he would put caraway seeds on top of the roast.....we would peel off those little squares of crispy fat and eat them first. We always called them "Crispies" and would fight over them. Then the next day he would cut up the roast and dumplings and put them in a large skillet with gravy to heat them up...BETTER then the first day by far.

ENJOY your roast

Sorry guys quote feature still not working even with new today laptop.

Mike Borger, I am a fan of the game not the NFL. The league wants me to hurl chunks. Just rule making beurocrats (sic) that think they need to save the world and the game. They constantly think it's broken when it's not. The best recipe for Prime Rib I have ever had is from irecipes.com called Restaurant cut. Dry rub with flour and herbs, just great.

Mr. G, I watched the video and that sure looks like a winner. Now if it was an entire deboned piglet that is splayed and rubbed with a pesto of fresh herbs like fennel, basil, rosemary, parsley , dry oregano, fresh garlic and a few I don't remember that is made into a pesto and rubbed all inside then rolled and tied with a bouquet of sprigs of those herbs as a bed and baked for hours in the same manner is an ancient Roman dish that is called Porcetta. It can be served warm or cold. If anyone has been to one of those huge Italian stags most likely Porcetta was served as an appetizer and at mid night usually. I know that there are bakeries in Hamilton that will do one or more for you in their ovens. You can bring them the dressed piglet or they will do the entire job. Same idea as Chef Mikes shoulder. His I like because I can do it myself in the kitchen or on the BBQ without doing an entire piglet. I personally like it hot, not cold. I don't like cold lard like fat but love hot crispy skin and oily fat. Too bad I shouldn't eat it. I guess a slice won't kill me.

I bought a 4 lb sirloin roast last weekend and cut it up into 1/4" cubes. That's the starting base of my chili. Next comes 2 lb lean ground, garlic, celery, onions, beans, mushrooms and a generous helping of ginger.

Sauce base starts with 1 can of manwich, tomato paste, Guinness BBQ Sauce, thai seasoning and add a bit of hot sauce so it just has a slight bite!

Slow cooked in the crock pot for 3 hours. Unfortunately it's also what I have brought for lunch the last 2 days so unlikely there will be any left for Sunday. Plan to go ice fishing anyways!

me and the wife are huge NFL fans, been to a few games in detroit ,even our honeymoon was spent at in Miami Beach taking in a dolphins/ rams game. I am a longtime Dolphin fan and her a longtime 9er fan back to the Marino vs. Montana superbowl days. We and the kids along with friends have a get together,wings,chili,nachos,shrimp,bean dip,along with some beverages. We also have pools for first to score,half time score,mvp etc.....good times,not so much on monday morning thou. 31-27 seahawks Lynch MVP

Manwich! Fang come on man Manwich!????? Fresh crushed tomatos, even canned but no Manwich!! Send me some and I'll tell you what I think, the proof is in the taste test. Actually I have been known to cheat. We were up north on a trip and I'm all prepped for my Blast Furnace chile. What do I forget? All my spices, everything, no home grown chiles, no home grown Habanero's no chile powder, no cayenne, no smoked Hungarian hot Paprika. All I have is 3 packages of hot Taco mix for Tacos latter in the week. I put in 1 package and keep my fingers crossed, 2 are better. Now I cheat sometimes, might have to try the Manwich, never had a Manwich in my life, might try one but lets keep it a secret between us.

That sounds like a pretty good call bowslayer on the score. It has been a long time since a non QB has won MVP. And if Seattle puts up that many points without Russell Wilson not making a significant contribution is a longshot. The Beast will have to score 4 on the ground and rip off at least 2 runs of over 30 yards and he gets to go to Disney World. I can't wait for that speech think the last MVP of the Super Bowl that was a back was Marcus Allen with the Raiders.

Manwich! Fang come on man Manwich!????? Fresh crushed tomatos, even canned but no Manwich!! Send me some and I'll tell you what I think, the proof is in the taste test. Actually I have been known to cheat. We were up north on a trip and I'm all prepped for my Blast Furnace chile. What do I forget? All my spices, everything, no home grown chiles, no home grown Habanero's no chile powder, no cayenne, no smoked Hungarian hot Paprika. All I have is 3 packages of hot Taco mix for Tacos latter in the week. I put in 1 package and keep my fingers crossed, 2 are better. Now I cheat sometimes, might have to try the Manwich, never had a Manwich in my life, might try one but lets keep it a secret between us.

That sounds like a pretty good call bowslayer on the score. It has been a long time since a non QB has won MVP. And if Seattle puts up that many points without Russell Wilson not making a significant contribution is a longshot. The Beast will have to score 4 on the ground and rip off at least 2 runs of over 30 yards and he gets to go to Disney World. I can't wait for that speech think the last MVP of the Super Bowl that was a back was Marcus Allen with the Raiders.

Since you like to "cheat" you must be a New England-er.....LOL