Porcupine deterrence advice?

Gerritt

Thanks for all the advice guys, I am seeing it almost daily...

Looking into trapping it.

G

See if you can borrow a trap. Frig those things arent cheap! I was called into trap a badger last summer, even though it wasnt my job. It was on a traditional burial grounds and I had the go ahead from the powers that be. Went to grab a trap and it was near 100 bucks. I wasnt sure about trapping it and I called the MNR and im glad I did. Apperently that was VERY illegal. But the MNR came and trapped it for relocation. Darn thing was digging up the burials.

Anyhow, there not cheap but I guess its good to have one around if needed

I have a trap if you want to borrow it. PTBO area, but I fish quinte often this time of year. Planning on going wed for the evening if you want to meet up somewhere.

S.

Sinker that would be awesome, but I am working.... I have booked the next two weekends off though?

If your in the area we could hit up glen Ross? Decent fishing and a mixed bag on the Trent.... Heated hut, Send me a pm if your in the area :)

G

I am amazed thet there is one out moving around at this time of the year. I have a little pill you can give it called a .22. It won't come back.

BG.... I have seen him for almost 2 weeks now. In the field behind my place.... Out there munching happily on whatever scrub is left....

Closest he has has come is within 20' of my backyard ( I back onto a small field and then a provincial park...)

Tieing my dog up Is not an option. Or even considered. ( he's on a electric fence) but I have seen him run if there is a threat regardless...

Going to see if I can relocate this prickly sucker

G