Auger replacement blades

SirCranksalot

Auger still cuts like the day I bought it! If I have to replace the cutting head one day, so be it! It doesn't owe me a penny. At the rate it's going though, I don't anticipate it any time soon unless I hit a rock or some crap in the ice!

I would love to try one with my electric drill. I know they come with a plate already attached, but have read where the mounted bit is weak. The drill rounds it off.

I would be just interested in seeing see how it cuts compared to the fin bor 3.

Edited by Brian B

Me too, I keep thinking I might rig up an adapter for my drill, but I have a gas auger too, so I never seem to get around to it lol!

I did 14" of ice with my 8" finbor 3 today with my cordless. it drilled with ease.

Yesterday I did 32 holes and still had power left from the first and only battery I used.

Chances it's not your blades, it's your frame the blades are fasten to.

Take the blades off and put the frame part that the blade is screwed to in a vise and give it a bend towards the angle it's factory bent.

Put the blades back on and you should be good to go. The frame gets bent over time, that's why after you shim your blades it works for awhile then nada.

Mora augers are known for that.

You have nothing to lose. New blades are almost half the price of a new auger.

It worked on my old Mora, cuts like new and my blades are not super sharp.

You could have just spent 15 bux and have an auger that cuts like brand new in about 2 minutes lol

Yep....this ^

Sharpened auger blades never work the same as new. Get new, and take care of them. They last a long time if you're careful with them.

S.